Level 6 - This isn't real...

*Thunk* I hit the ground hard, the noises from the monster stopped right after I hit the floor.

" Ugh.." I say, I roll on the floor, holding my stomach in agony, clenching my eyes closed and gritting my teeth to the pain of hitting the ground.

" Damn that hurt," I say, I open my eyes and look around. It was dark, and there was only one dim light at the end of the room that had a staircase that looked like it was in a modern home. There was a door that was at the corner of the wall where the staircase was and a dark room on the other wall next to the door. I grabbed my camera and got up and walked towards the door and tried to open it, but it was locked. I looked in the dark room, it was too dark to see anything, I had no chances of going in it to see what was inside. I turn my flashlight on and see a small living area with a couch in the middle with a small rug over the carpet and a chair next to the couch and a 90's box tv placed towards the couch on a small table. There were blinds covering a window and a door next to the blinds, a clock above the tv and a ceiling fan above the couch. I turned my flashlight off and walked towards the staircase, a bright room was next to the staircase, finally some different colors. A bright blue toned white light showed a small room with cobards and pantries but the place was mostly empty. I walk in and see a fridge next to a cobard, I rush towards it and open it to be empty, and only have a water bottle inside. I was upset to see that there was no food in it but I am happy that I at least got something to drink. I grab the water bottle and open it.

" I shouldn't waste this," I say, I take a small drink from it and place it in my backpack, the relieving sensation of my mouth moistening up from the water gives me some more strength back, at least I got something in my system again but I know this wasn't going to be enough either. I walk out of the room and walk up the staircase, I place and slide my hand on the wooden railing of the staircase as I make myself up to the top. The door didn't look like it was a modern door, more like an office door with a big push handle on it, I pushed it and saw no yellow around.

" Thank god I'm out of there," I say in relief, the sight of straining yellow was no longer in my eyes. I looked around the new area, the walls were painted white, the hard flooring was wooden tiles, the lights were plain white, and the place I was at was mostly a hallway. There were some miscellaneous objects around the walls, things like chairs, desks, tables, even trash cans, etc. I walk down the hall, the slight stomping of my shoes echoes across the halls, it looks like I was in some sort of business center, I walk towards a window and look out. I was shocked, it was an indoor courtyard, there was grass on the ground with some sidewalk, there were a ton of windows on the walls, I could see a slight silhouette of people looking out of the windows as well, I couldn't see their faces, it was those guys, the people with the blank faces. I step away from the window and start walking down the halls. Constant noises happened and echoed across the halls, noises like machinery or stuff clanking and clunking together. I followed where the sounds could be coming from, it was a little distant but it didn't seem far. I follow the halls where I could be hearing the noises, at some points the halls get dim or dark, but this place looks rather safe so I don't mind. The clanking gets louder the more I follow it, I haven't walked that far but I hope it isn't too far away. I follow the noises and look around the atmosphere, it's oddly nostalgic, like I've been here but don't know where. Wandering around in the white halls, it gets more dark and dimmed around, the clanking sounds like it's coming around just the corner. I rush towards it to see, as I turn, I see the almost exact same hallway across from a ledge on a metal walling, I look up to see a sign with a silhouette person running towards a door, and a couple of warning signs scattered around the silhouette of the wall next to the hall, I grow closer to it,

" What?... How the... this can't be, this can't be real, no, it can't... this.. this isn't real, this- this isn't real..." I say, I look around and see the similar shape of the white light and halls peer on to what seems to be infinite," I say, I step back out of shock and shake my head as I go further from the ledge.

" No way am I making that jump, there's no point anyways, it's exactly the same," I say, I stare at the sign for a minute while it gives me an idea.

" Hm, if I follow that sign in the direction it's going, it may lead me out but damn, how can I navigate without knowing where I'm going and where the sign is, oh well, I'll just have to use the best of my advantage," I explain to myself, I step away from the infinite ledge and walk down the dimmed hallway into a brighter one. At the end of the hall was a slightly larger section in the hall with a dumpster placed perfectly center in the middle of the intersection on the right.

" Damn, why is that here? Aren't those things usually outside, damn it looks like a mess, I wonder if it got teleported here like I did, well sorry mr. dumpster, looks like we're stuck here... heh damn, I've gone crazy enough to the point Im talking to a damn dumpster, shit... I'll get out soon... hopefully," I say. I leave the dumpster and walk down the bright halls,

" Well this place seems mostly safe, haven't run into any entities yet, well except for those dudes without the faces, they seem to be the only guys here I suppose, well they seem harmless, actually quite nice, but what are they doing in a place like this? Are they just used to being here? This place makes no sense, and those constant noises, I can't say they aren't as annoying as the lights, but they are kind of getting on my nerves a little, but I guess it's better than going in complete silence," I say, I walk around with my hand in my pocket, and my other one holding my camera, I don't say a word, but just look around the environment, observing my surroundings.

" Man, this place makes it look like I'm walking down one of those halls at the eye doctor or hospital," I say, I walk down a hall with even doors across from each other, I go and open one but it doesn't budge, I try the next one across from it and it opens. I look to see that it's just an empty dark room, I go and try the next couple but they are locked. I go to the next and the one on the left was unlocked, I open it to see a small bland room with only a small desk and a 90's computer and a filing cabinet, I go in to open the filing cabinet. It gets jammed for a moment but I open the first drawer but it was empty, I go and open the second one. It was a bit easier since I kinda knew how to do it now. After a few seconds of budging and yanking the handle, I eventually opened it. I look inside to see a giant pile of messy papers scattered in a fine fashion from a neatly placed down spread of paper to now a complete mess from the resemblance of the pile. I went and picked up some of the papers, they were blank, and some had braille on it, which I couldn't read, and some just mentioned the word Backrooms or Complex but showed no useful information.

" Damn I can't read any of this, and the ones I can read make no sense, whatever, I guess I'll see what the third one has in it," I say, I place the pieces of paper in my hand back into the giant pile and close the drawer. I open the third one to see a neatly fine organized drawer of file folders and paper,

" Well at least this one isn't a nightmare of paper and papercuts," I say, I grab one of the folders and open it, it was all braille again.

" Damn, I can't read braille, no bother trying to decode it, my phone can't connect to any service around here," I say, I open another folder to see the same symbol on the other sheets of paper, a mono yellow box with a blue infinite sign in it and a stick figure sticking out half way outside the box, like something from Portal.

" What's this symbol? I've seen it around in a few papers and places," I say, I look under it, it just says Backrooms in bold letters underneath but the majority of it was blanked out by black rectangles around the text, I could barely read out what it says or what it's for,

" Damn, I can't read any of it, oh well, I guess that's enough snooping for now, especially if it gives me nothing about this place, I guess I'll go back to looking for an exit," I say, I put the folders back in the drawer. As I about to leave, I turn to see the computer,

" Oh yeah, hm I hope it still works," I say, I walk over to the computer and sit down in the office chair, I push the on button to see if it turns on, it doesn't. I checked to see if there's a cord that was unplugged but it seemed to be plugged in.

" Oh well I guess I've been here enough," I say, I exit the room and continue where I left off, I don't bother checking all the rooms so I don't waste time and effort, I believe the majority of them are locked anyways. I walk into a hallway and see another window, I walk over to see the same indoor courtyard I saw earlier in the other window, I walk away from it and see a hollow metal door with a pushable hinge, above it was another sign that said fire exit with the same sign of a person running towards a door but this time the person was on the door, I go to push the door open.