Level 17 - Insanity

I start following the noise until it gets louder, the closer I get the faster I walk. I walked into this big room with multiple thick pillars that were shaped like pluses. Whatever it was, it sounded like a guide, like something to help you find your way back to something if you got lost in here. It takes me to this big metal machinery implanted on the wall, I look to the right and see another base, I run up to it and step inside, there are three windows facing in each direction. It was more yellow and bright than the other one and the lights give off more of a whiter tone than a bluer tone the other lights had, there wasn't much in the room and I walk back to the metal machinery, I walk to the other side and see an unfinished base, metal scaffolding and tiles on the ground and boxes scattered around the scaffolding.

" What in the world was Async doing to this place?" I say, I walk back and see a small room with the label "Security" on it, I walk in and see a small desk and a computer and an office chair with a couple drawers and file cabinets. I walk out and walk a but further in the room and see a table, I walk up to it and see that it's not a table but more of a diagram of the layout of the room, I look around and see pictures of concepts for house rooms in the backrooms and a couple chairs below the pictures and another piece of metal machinery implanted on the wall. My stomach starts rumbling again and it starts aching, I start walking back around the room now that I have a good layout of it, I walk around the pillars and find an exit to the room, I exit it and still hear the guide, I walk into a lobby area and see a contraption on the ceiling on a hall in the middle of the room, it looked like some sort of ceiling bear trap, with two rows of giant sharp spikes, the trap wasn't set yet, I grab the rope it was tied to and start pulling it, the trap automatically locks itself on the ceiling and a trip wire is on the ground below it. I walk over the trap and be really careful not to set it off. The lobby becomes different, the wallpaper on the wall becomes this sort of beige color and one third of the wall near the floor was brown and had slight details in it, I explore the place, I can slightly hear the guide back in the other room, I walk into a bigger room, a ceiling tile moves and an Aranea Membri peaks through, it spots me.

" Shit!" I shout, I start running, I see it place it's limbs on the floor and I book it through the halls, I hear the metal clanking of its feet chasing me, I look back and see it almost right behind me, I speed up run through the halls trying to confuse it, I see a dead end coming up through a hall but see a little thin entry with a dark room inside. I quickly get in it and see the Aranea Membri run to the dead end and back really fast, I sit in the room for a minute just to make sure that it was gone, the complex is the right place for the Aranea Membri to hunt, it can't slip as much on carpet than tile and has better grip on the floor, my stomach rumbles and I have an idea pop up in my head, I tiptoe out of the small dark room and retrace my steps, I run back to the place I found the Aranea Membri and listen for the guide, I follow it back to the hall with the trap in it,

" Well shit, here we go," I say, I start banging on the wall trying to get the entity's attention towards me, I hear the slight metal clanking get louder and I see the slight silhouette of the Aranea Membri appear out of a hall into the room, I start running and jump over the trap, the Aranea Membri runs towards my direction and sets the trap off, the trap immediately falls onto the entity and it wraiths in pain, it slowly bleeds out and dies, my eyes glisten on the entity, I remove the trap and drag it into the room, I examine the entity upclose, I look under its limbs and see that it has claws that form the big point on the end of its limbs, I start to pry at it and try getting it loose, I step on the limb of the entity and start pulling, I hear some tearing and cracking, the claw end up coming off and black blood spews on my face. I look at the sharp claw for a moment, I start walking over to the arm and feel the fur on the entity, I jab the claw into the arm and start cutting it, it's a lot harder to do since the claw is somewhat dull, I slice it all the way through the arm until I meet the same slice I made, I raise the arm up and step near the opening slice I made and break the bone of the entity. I drag the limb with me to the base nearby and grab some old crumpled up pieces of paper and a little bit of the carpet and cardboard, I start skinning the fur off of the arm and remove the wrist joint and drain the blood in a trash can. I start a fire with some broken wires and start cooking the arm, I cut into it to see if it's fully cooked or not, as it is I start eating the arm fast.

" *Huff* *huff* *huff*... it's not that good, but it's the first thing I've ever eaten, and I'll take it," I say, I throw what's left of the bone in the trash and get up. I put out the fire and walk out of the base, I walk out the thick pillared room and away from the mess I've made in the other room where I killed the Aranea Membri so I go the opposite way, I walk a little bit away from the audio guide. I keep walking until I don't hear it anymore. I walk into a dimmer lobby area, I go to turn into a hall and see a howler crouched down, it looks up and I quickly get out of sight, I start running away quietly so the entity doesn't fully know I'm there. I hide in a dark room and wait, I hear the howler's footsteps get closer, I watch the entity walk past and growl, I hear the heavy footsteps get dimmer and dimmer away. I quietly walk out and go in the opposite direction of the howler,

" Thank god, I surely wasn't feeling like a howler chase right now," I say, I hear some lights flicker in a small bright room with tile flooring, I walk in and see a dr. pepper sponsored vending machine,

" Oh bet!, I can get some drinks," I say, I take out my wallet and start inserting some cash, I get a couple mtn dews and a couple dr. peppers, I get my drinks and put them in my bag, I start drinking a dr. pepper now and save the rest for later. I walk in a lobby area and see a giant rectangular hole that was roughly 7 meters deep filled with traffic cones and other construction tools and stuff.

" Woah, I don't know if I want to go down there, I don't want to get stuck," I say, I end up hearing the audio guide again and follow it back to the pillared room I was in again.

" Wait I'm back here again?, oh well might as well see if I missed anything," I say, I walk back into the base I ate in and look around, I notice a button on the desk, I walk over to it and press it, the wall starts deforming and opening a door to the other side.

" Woahhh..." I say, I walk down the lobby area and down a brightened hallway, I walk into a room and see a broken boarded up wall, I walk over to it and crawl down into the covered wall, inside was dark and I go to the back left corner where there is a brightened hallway, I walk down it and see another dark lobby, I go towards the brighter hallways and go down one, I turn and see a room with multiple deep square holes in them and on the other side was a door.

" Oh jeez, is it really worth it?" I say, I slowly start walking forward towards the holes, I walk in between the thin paths that here held in between the holes,

" Ok, I got this, I got this, I got this- woah!" I shout, my foot slips down and I fall into one of the holes, I hit a wall going at a 45 degree angle and then I hit the floor, I lay in pain, holding both my leg and side, I get up after it eases then keep walking. It was dim, I walked into a dark room and saw a giant hole in the center of it with lights going down and a few ceiling tiles gone above it.

" Jeez, what the hell," I say. I look down at it and see that it goes down for a while before it gets dark, I walk into the brighter halls and rooms and see where they lead me, I start walking down a hall but it ends up looking warped and twisted, like it wasn't even walkable and all glitched and malfunctioned, I step away form the hall and walk back into the dimmer lobby, I notice a big red button near a pillar, I walk up to it and press it and some of the walls start falling, revealing a bunch of hills that look similar to the one on a default Microsoft computer, I step out and look, I fall on the grass and enjoy the sky for a minute. I stand back up and walk back into the complex, where ever I was, I may have gotten too deep and now things are starting to glitch, I walk into a brighter lobby and see a yellow slide on the wall, I walk up to it and read the writing above the slide, "Poolrooms?" and the other said, "Home?" with arrows pointing to the slide, I get on the slide and start going down.