Chapter 1- New year New grade

Amaya Smith

*Beep!

*Beep!

*Beep!

My alarm tortured me at 6am in the morning, irritated I switched it off and dragged myself out of bed and did some morning stretches. I opened the curtains.

Bad idea

"I guess the sun wanted to be extra bright today" I said barley opening my eyes with the sun trying to blind me.

Still rubbing my eyes and yawning. You can tell I'm not a morning person. I took my phone, towel and dragged myself to the bathroom. I opened the bathroom door only to be rudely shoved by my little brother.

"Oh come on, Neo!" I said annoyed. "Too slow cupcake" he said sticking out his tongue and shut the door in my face.

One day. I swear one day I will lock him in this bathroom until he cries.

After what seemed like ages he finally got out...in a robe? Should we be concerned because he even washed he's hair?

Nevermind

"It's all yours" he said smiling. I gave him a death glare and shut the door, I put my phone on a table next to the sink and turn on the music.

For some reason I always have to listen music when I shower like always. I did my business and showered and went back to my room. It doesn't really take me long to decide on outfits, today is sunny so I decided on a oversized t-shirt, shorts and white sneakers.

I choose to be comfortable, not to say that dresses aren't.

Smelling bacon and eggs I rush down the stairs and enter the kitchen, I'm met by mom's back and plates on the table. "Morning" I said pulling a chair out to sit "Morning, food will be ready in a few" I nod and start scrolling on my phone.

Dad said good morning and sat down, Neo joined us a few minutes after dad. Mom finished cooking and joined us at the table. We started eating, man i love bacon. "So are you excited for senior year Amaya?" Dad asked while cutting his bacon "I don't know it's not a big deal but I am excited" he nodded and continued eating.

We ate in silence until mom spoke "By the way Glen is dropping you off at school today Amaya on his way to work and I'll drop Neo since his school is closer". Dad is a collage professor and Mom works as an accountant and personal assistant.

When she's mad she might pull of as a fire breathing dragon though

They are busy people but I love that they make time for us it means a lot especially to Neo.

"Cool" I nod and silence  again. After eating I helped mom clean up and went to get my bag upstairs. "Don't forget your lunch" mom handed me my lunch.

Totally not because I have trust issues and don't trust the school food... definitely not.

I kissed her on the cheek "thank you bye". The drive to school was silent until  we got to school "here we are, have a good day and stay out of trouble" he said as we did our handshake thing. "I'm never in trouble" I said in a matter of a fact.

Unfortunately this year everyone is coming to school, last year we came in groups so there were not a lot of people. Opening my locker I see one of my friends, Alex. I hugged her tight since I missed her so much, I've known her since sophomore year but we're very close she's the one who walked me through the first year of highschool.

"Good morning" she said leaning on another locker "morning" I said flatly. "Jeez what crawled up your ass?" I gave her a glare and was about to snap back at her.

Then I saw...him. I was mesmerized by hi his walk, hair... everything does he school here? Well duh stupid. I've never seen him here before he has to be new right?

"Hello, earth to Amaya" Alex snaps her fingers infront of me I got out of my daydreaming. "Where did you go?" she asked "ok so this might sound crazy but I think I just saw my middle school crush" I say trying to get my head straight.

I remember having a crush on this guy in middle school but I cannot remember the freaking name.

"You?...a crush c'mon you're kidding" I narrowed my eyes at her "and what is that supposed to mean?" She chuckled "oh nothing".

You said all the guys in middle school were idiots and you never liked anyone- in my defence I was having a sugar rush.

As we walked I told her everything I remembering well I tried "damn you were really head over hills for this guy so much for idiots" she said opening the door to class and I nodded like an idiot. We saw the rest of the girls at a desk and went to them, I hugged all three of them as I also missed them dearly.

As we waited for the English teacher we discussed about the holidays. We live far from each other so we don't see each other that much outside of school unless it's something planned.

Ok so let me break down how the five marketers are.

Yes that's what we call ourselves

Alex is more of the careless badass chick but shes chill. Hailey is the loving 'mama bear' and the oldest, don't mess with her cubs and you'll live. Chloe, doesn't talk much she's like the baby of the group but she's not, Alex is. Amber...loud, loves music and don't disagree with her at anything. Finally. Me. I'm the weird one, quiet but loud, funny but not...you get it.

The teacher came in and the lesson started. I tried to pay attention but my head always went back to the guy I saw in the hallway. Like how hard can it be  to remember a face from middle school? Especially he's face. I kept trying to remember he's name but I couldn't.

"Oh my God BTS!" I jumped out of my seat and looked around only to see the teacher looking at me "problem Ms Smith?" I looked around "uh, no sir sorry" I sat down feeling embarassed  "Works everytime" Hailey says and smiles, "works everytime" I say mocking her "what are you even daydreaming about?" I  shake my head and sit down "nothing". "B.O.Y" Alex spells out looking at Hailey.

Literally...and I mean literally this girl yanks me back by my shirt "spill" she says still holding me " not now" she nods and lets go I glare at her and fix my shirt annoyed...she just smiles and I feel my right eye twitch.

Damn for size she is a piece of work. Yeah she's the shortest in the group

Enjoy❤️

This is my first book and I hope whoever reads it will love it if there are any concerns about the book feel free to comment
Plz vote and comment ❤️❤️

1182 words