Chapter 2- I don't drool

Amaya Smith

After a long period of Mr Collins getting over excited about algebra the bell finally rang for lunch math makes me hungry

"So Valentine's Day is coming soon any dates?" I asked opening my locker for my lunch bag. I don't know why I asked it's not like I have anyone to ask.  "I don't date, Hailey is already dating her books, Chloe would pass out if a boy asked her literally and Amber doesn't care she can get anyone" Alex said not removing her eyes from her phone.

"A 'no' would have been fine" I said as we enter the cafeteria, we sit on the first table we see and start chatting.

I opened my lunch and the smell of homemade sandwiches made me smile "girl you got to sort out your trust issues, your not gonna die if you eat the school food" Amber sits down with a tray of cafeteria food.

"Nah I'm good thank you" I say continuing to eat.

It's not that I look down on the school food  but I just like homemade food...and because I watch too many movies where people get poisoned heh.

While I was devouring my ham sandwich he came in the cafeteria and went to sit with two other guys and my eyes followed him until he sat down. Everything was blurred out and I was in my own world...I mean his eyes, laugh and all made my knees weak.

And that damn jawline, jeez you could cut an apple with it. I know right? Like how can a person look this good.

"If your gonna stare atleast stop drooling" my head snapped back to Alex who was grinning "I don't drool so shut up" I swear I wasn't.

We finished up and grabbed our books for the next class Alex, Chloe and I had Economics while Amber and Hailey had chemistry.

***

"Good morning class, I see your all still alive" Mrs Holland said more like growled entering the classroom.

Some of us wish you weren't, just saying

The lesson started and I kept zoning out, luckily we weren't doing much just a few notes. "Ok you have never thought this much about a guy, what's going on in there?" Alex asked pointing at my forehead "yeah it's weird" Chloe chimed in. "How do you know that I'm thinking of a guy huh?" You are they gave me a 'really?' look.

I sighed and positioned myself to face them "look stop acting like I'm sick or something-" "you might as well be" Alex cut me off, I gave her a ' shut up ' look  "as I was saying he's just a boy, nothings happening to me chill" Chloe lifted her hands in defence "ok if you say so".

Oh how wrong I was.

***

The bell rang and it was time to go home, we got out early since it's the first day. "Wanna come over?" Alex asked and I nod in response "as long as you wait with me at the bus stop" we agreed on that and walked to her house. She didn't leave far from school.

"You can sit there while I go put my bag" she said pointing at a chair in the living room. We talked more about the holidays and ate some snacks.

And I may have begged her to watch a movie with me.

"So are you finally going to fill me in on what happened between you and...well you.know.who?" Alex asked I sighed and paused what we were watching. "Xavier and I are not a thing anymore, and he doesn't seem to get it"

Xavier is my ex and we broke up like three months ago. "Is he bothering you?" she asked "I try to avoid him a lot".

I ended the conversation and made an excuse to go home "thanks for waiting with me" I say getting into the bus.

I don't really like talking about Xavier, only because he's toxic and a total jerk but I can't tell Alex the or any of the others they'll murder him Alex to be specific, I just keep the conversations about him simple and short.

"That's why I broke up with him, I'm too complicated for him" is all I say if anyone asks. Which is stupid but meh.

Plopping onto my bed I took out a book that I've been reading. I'm like a huge book worm I spend most of my money on books which is why I'm broke right now.

I love reading but it's not like Hailey, she is more like and educational book reader but I'm fictional all the way.

Ten chapters later it was dinner time. "Amaya you can read about your vampire crushes later, dinners ready".

Why did I tell mom about my books, regrets

Rolling my eyes I went downstairs into the kitchen "you were so quiet I thought you kicked the bucket" she said setting the table "but then you realised I have a full book shelf in my room" I finished her sentence, she nodded in response.

Neo rushed into the kitchen almost knocking the table over "watch it!" I hiss nudging him a bit. He stuck his tongue out and sat down. "Where's dad?" Neo asked chewing on some carrots. Mom choked, I stood up and poured her some water "he...um had to finished some paperwork".

Well that was...weird first dad never works late he does he's those things at night here and secondly why did mom hesitate?. I'm just overthinking everything.

I tried shrugging it of and just ate. We continued eating in silence. After eating we cleaned up I headed to my room. Putting on some shorts and a t-shirt I remembered him that curly short hair and deep blue mesmerising eyes.

I gave out a big sigh "how am I even going to approach him?" I asked myself. I didn't know how I was going to do this but the feeling inside of me was attracted to him.

Not wanting to think about it I decided to distract myself with a little drawing I took out my things and put some music on, Lost boy by Ruth b.

A few minutes later I had drawn a girl looking up at the stars, I wrote on the edge of the page ' a girls wish ' satisfied I decided to call it a night.

I keep changing the book covers but I hope this is nice cause I suck at making book covers❣️✨

1090 words