Chapter 15-Kisses and Bruises

Amaya Smith

I took a deep breath and put on a smile "hey, it's been a while, how are you?" She asked with her usual smile "I'm good, great actually" I said trying not to remember having to sit with her every week for an hour just to stare at the rug or out th...

I took a deep breath and put on a smile "hey, it's been a while, how are you?" She asked with her usual smile "I'm good, great actually" I said trying not to remember having to sit with her every week for an hour just to stare at the rug or out the window, telling her everything with absolutely no emotion.

Girl are you ok?

Yeah I'm fine

She looked up at the huge person next to me then back at me with a look of worry but I gave her a reassuring look "um, Cam this is Ms West, Ms West this is Camron".

Cam extended his  hand and my former therapist shook his hand. "You know you can call me Carrie right?" She said and I just smiled and nodded. Hoping this interaction ends as soon as possible not that I hate her or anything it's just that I don't like the feeling knowing that she knows.

"Mommy I want some cotton candy!" a little girl tugged at Carrie's dress "I have to go now, but it was nice seeing you" she said picking up who I assume is her daughter thank you  "have a great time, bye" I waved as she walked away. As she walked away I turned around holding onto one of the poles I took a deep breath again and exhaled to calm myself.

"Are you ok, is something wrong?" Cam asked looking worried, I just shook my head "I'm fine, nothings wrong" I said and intertwined our hands he looked at me not convinced with the 'I'm fine' lie "I am really" he gave me a slight nod I couldn't tell if he believed me or not but it'll do. Seeing Carrie was not going to spoil my date, nothing is.

However some thoughts just never want to leave.

Every week, everyday I sat in that room with me telling her everything and reliving that memory in my head while my parents sat home thinking in their minds that their daughter was at school with her friends for afterschool classes. Whereas she's finishing the tissues of a lady in room.

At least I took it all out but it still haunts me every fucking night, nightmare after nightmare and waking up drenched in sweat and heavy breathing.

But again I will not let that spoil the rest of my date.

"Can we go to the photo booth?" I asked pushing all the negative thoughts away.

Camron Johnson