Chapter 3- Preparation

Amaya Smith

Soon Valentine's day came along

Soon Valentine's day came along. I woke up not unwillingly but yeah. I got up, showered and got dressed, Hailey tried convincing me to wear matching red dresses but thankfully failed.

For once I didn't give in to her puppy dog eyes.

A red over sized t-shirt, white sweat pants and some black and white sneakers will do, since we all agreed on red and white colours. "Morning mom" I said entering the kitchen "morning, wow you look cute" I thanked her and got some cereal.

Of course we look cute pfft

I noticed dad didn't come home last night but decided to not ask anything, he's probably very busy.

I got to school pretty early today for some reason but I'm not complaining, it's better than listening to Neo sing to Beyonce in the car.

My poor ears.

Opening my locker I saw the girls coming towards me "Alex, dude I thought the we agreed on red and white" I raised an eyebrow "a little black never hurt anyone" she said nonchalantly. "A little?" I questioned, I looked at her outfit which was a black jacket, black leather jeans, black boots and a black t-shirt with red and white words written on it.

The words don't count Alex

"We tried but we also liked breathing I guess" Chloe shrugged. I snickered imagining us trying to put Alex in a red short dress.

We wouldn't live for more than ten seconds heh.

I put my arm over her shoulder "we'll get her next time" I whispered. We decided to take a walk around the school since it was still kinda early.We always go to the same spot every morning.

If someone sits there we let Hailey at em.

We were sitting on a bench outside then I saw him. I have got to ask he's name. He was sitting alone on another bench luckily away from us. Do you want me to go ask for he's name?" Hailey asked standing infront of me with her hands on her hips. "Would you do that for me?" I asked looking up at her innocently.

"Don't get involved" Amber smirked while scrolling on her phone.

Probably downloading new music, as always.

Hailey gave her the ' stay out of this ' look then she turned back to me "yes I would, only because you look desperate and I don't like that" I nodded and she walked off.

I'm not desperate.

Yes you are.

Shut up.

She tapped him on the shoulder and started talking "does anyone know how to read lips?" I asked my eyes not leaving Hailey. The girls snickered and said no in unison. "But I know how to work them" Amber said and we laughed except for Chloe who was clueless.

After a few minutes Hailey came back smiling "oh I know that look, the fuck did you say?" Alex asked leaning on the bench, Hailey nudged her on the shoulder "language!" Yeah Hailey is not fond of cursing. "Hello are you gonna fill me in or what?" I asked with my hands up. "Ok so I greeted him and introduced myself, then I asked he's name, grade and age" she paused "and...?" I said intrigued.

"Camron, 12th grade and 17 years on this earth". She finished and waited for my response.

"Hm" I hummed in response wondering why I hadn't seen or noticed him all these years "really? That's all you have to say"

I thanked her and we decided to go to class, at the same time the bell rang for first period so we had to rush to class.

***

Using the little information I had about Camron I thought I would use that to finally talk to him, the whole weekend I prepared to talk to him on Monday.

Good thing I do my homework at school and I literally wrote the whole thing down.

Panting around my room, I read the...well what I wrote whatever it is over and over again "hi, I'm Amaya I was wondering if maybe we could be friends, you seem like a cool guy".

I'm not the best with male humans, well the ones I like atleast.

"God, I feel sorry for whoever's gonna hear that" I jolted of my bed from that only to see my annoying brother. "Jeez ever heard of knocking?, you should try it sometime" I said sarcastically still on the floor.

"Yeah actually I've never" he said putting a finger on he's chin pretending to think. "Anyway who's the lucky guy I'll be telling mom about?". He had this evil grin on he's face, I knew that look very well "don't you dare" I hissed.

"Well in that case, ya know my old skateboard is looking kinda crusty and mom won't buy me a new one, maybe my dear sister would" he wiggled he's eyebrows.

I just stood up and took out my wallet "twenty bucks, now get out" I said handing him the money. "Good doing business with you kid" he said and went of counting the money.

Ok hear me out, the last time my mom found out I had a crush which was a while ago I was suddenly ' in horrible danger ' and I wasn't allowed to talk to any boys for like a week...well excluding Neo and dad.

It even took me a while to convince mom I should date Xavier. which I fucking regret.

Anyway I'll deal with Neo later, now I had to focus on not shitting myself infront of Camron tomorrow. Should probably lock my door first.

***

"Maya you look like your going to your own funeral, breath" I gave Amber a glare she just pretended to look around and whistle. She was right though if possible my heart would burst out of my chest and run away.

This was so much easier last night, were he wasn't in my room ugh Imma cry. Same.

I saw Camron alone in one of the classes oh God, and somehow I grew some and entered the class. Everything was a blur until I was inside the class with Cameron's back facing me.

Enjoy❤️
Plz vote and comment ❤️

1033 words