Naruto's Disappearance

-this is an au where Sasuke and Karin don't join team taka/Kebi, and don't join akatsuki. Karin did escape, however, and lives outside of Konoha.-

Sasuke waited with Sakura for Kakashi and Naruto. Sakura was bugging him a lot. And he was getting sick of it.

"Sasuke-kun! Do you think my new haircut looks cute?" she giggled, showing off her hair. She had gotten it trimmed, since it was jagged from the chunin exams.

"I-it's alright. Where are Naruto and Kakashi?" Sasuke asked, pulling the pinkette off his arm. Simp.

"Oh, that Naruto. He's such a pain. He probably slept in from being 'sick'!" Sakura laughed. Sasuke gave her a glare.

"Don't talk about Naruto like that," Sasuke said, turning away from the bitch. Sakura huffed, sitting down. Kakashi emerged from the village, looking gloomier than usual.

"Kakashi Sensei! You're late again!? Why!?" Sakura whined. 

As Kakashi came closer, visible tears were in his eyes. "A-are you okay Sensei?" Sasuke asked. Kakashi sniffed, looking to his students.

"I-it's Naruto-" he said, trying to keep it together. "H-he passed away."

Sasuke's face stopped. His heart skipped a beat. He struggled to breathe. He couldn't breathe. Falling down, he gasped for air, as his head hit the grass.

-

Sasuke awoke in a hospital bed, surrounded by voices of Kakashi and Sakura.

"W-what happened to him?" Sakura asked.

Kakashi sighed as he tried to speak. "Orochimaru had done experiments on him- he was pregnant from the experiments, and he was having trouble getting nutrients because of the brutal methods used on him. He and his baby died last night."

Sasuke heard this, and tears rolled down his face. He didn't even get to say goodbye.

"I feel so awful," Sakura cried. "The last thing I said to him was complaining about how lazy he was."

Sasuke's eyes were turned red. Sharingan, to be in particular. He sat up, wiping his tears.

"Did they ever find out the father of his baby?" Kakashi asked Tsunade. Tsunade nodded, trying to act like she was mourning.

"Y-yes," she said, looking at Sasuke. Nobody noticed this.

"Who was it? Was it Orochimaru? Kabuto?" Kakashi asked. Tsunade shook her head.

"I-i don't know how- they must have stolen it- or maybe because of the curse mark- it was Sasuke's." Silence surrounded them. Suddenly, the silence was broken by stifles of sobbing from Sasuke, as he attempted to hide his wet face.

Naruto was gone.

-

Naruto hiked through the woods. It had just occurred to him that he had no idea where he was, or where to go. Strange. His sat by a tree and took his special vitamins that Tsunade gave him to stay alive. He was weak, and he needed somewhere to go. Hmm.

Suddenly, nausea overtook the boy as he threw up, causing him to black out.

-

Karin walked through the woods, carrying her basket of berries. She had found blackberries down the trail, and they were sweet and bright. She smiled as she walked back to her house. She was excited to see her cat, Nyan. The black cat was very loving, and had kept Karin company the past few years. (I forgot to mention that in this au, Karin is 20 rn, older than Naruto, who is 13.) 

She was almost home when she stopped in her tracks as something caught her eye. A small, blonde boy was asleep against a tree. And he had pills next to him.

"Hello?" Karin asked, approaching the boy. The blonde stirred, looking at up Karin.

"H-hello," the boy said timidly, backing away. "You won't hurt me, right?" the boy asked, falling down again. He curled up, holding his stomach and winced.

"A-are you alright?" Karin asked, holding out a hand. The boy gave a suspicious look, and took the red's hand.

"I-I'm fine," the boy said, right before passing out in Karin's arms.

-