The Funeral

-

Sasuke sat in his room in the dark alone. Kakashi had given the team time to mourn and recover, before they returned. Sasuke looked at the team photo he had.

And the heart around Naruto's face.

He had never gotten to say goodbye. Or confess to him. And they could've had a child together! Sasuke had tears in his eyes at the thought. He couldn't help but imagine what their child would look like. He laughed to himself, thinking about what stupid name Naruto would give it. He'd name the baby "ramen" or something.

It felt good to think about Naruto. Sasuke cried himself to sleep that night, holding Naruto's picture in his arms.

-

The next morning, Sasuke was dreading the moment of when he was to leave. Naruto's funeral was today. That's when it would start to feel real. 

-

Tsunade stood before the funeral guests, pulling down her black dress. It was too high. 

She was to give a speech before Naruto's casket. She wasn't willing, but apparently shinobi who have died in vain have to have a hokage present, and also, he was basically her grandson.

"I am very sorry for the closed casket, everyone," she started. "But Naruto's illness was a hard thing to look at. It consumed him, and so it wouldn't be appropriate to remember him that way. Naruto was an amazing shinobi, and a caring boy as well. He didn't deserve what had happened to him. I swear, we will get rid of the man that did this to him. Now, as you all know now, Naruto was carrying a child when he died. Unfortunately, the baby died along with him. He was insemenated unwillingly by Orochimaru,  and will be remembered, as well as his child. Now, I'd like to give the attention to the father of Naruto's child, and teammate, Sasuke Uchiha."

Clapping surrounded them as Tsunade gave Sasuke the podium. Sasuke stuttered at first, tears in his eyes. Tsunade felt bad for letting Naruto do this.

"N-Naruto was my best friend," Sasuke started. "I took care of him when he was sick- we all thought he had gotten better!" Tears spilled down Sasuke's face as he attempted to continue. "I didn't even get to say goodbye. I will murder that snake the first chance I get, if it's the last thing I do."

Clapping surrounded, but Tsunade was worried now. Sasuke was a little scary.

Sakura then took the stand. "I was never really tight with Naruto, to be honest. I thought he was annoying. I gave him a hard time almost always, and I believe I took part in his depression. I know that he suffered because of many things, but I'm really sorry, Naruto- for my last words to you. The last thing I said was that Naruto was lazy. I realize now that he was close to death. I feel really bad about what I said, and I hate myself for it. I'll miss you, Naruto."

Kakashi's turn. "Naruto, you were an amazing student. Your improvement still strikes me. You were incredibly strong. But, no one is strong enough to prevent death. What happened was horrible, and I cannot condemn that. The best I can do is wish you a happy afterlife with your child."

After that, Hinata, Shikamaru, Gaara, and Iruka made speeches. The toll of Naruto and his child's death deeply affected the class's will, and took a dig from their hearts.

-