Carla

POV-(Y/n):

As I leaned on the girl's frame, a strong warmth seemed to emanate from her. Almost like a protective aura that materialized from her, I had never felt anything like that before. It was...like I was safe in her presence. Like her arms holding me up were a shield that nothing could penetrate.

     As I tried to take another step, I immediately fumbled again and tripped a bit forward, only to be caught by her yet again. Her reaction speed and reflexes were incredible, yet her touch was careful so she wouldn't hurt me by accident with her immense strength.

     (Y/n): S-Sorry..I'm trying to—

     Mikasa: You don't need to try, just rest your weight on me.

     Holding my left arm around her neck and holding my waist steady with her right arm, she guided me through the room one step at a time. She did it as though it was effortless. Like I was just a twig or small rock for her to pick up.

     (Y/n): I don't mean to be burden.

     She looked at me with her deep gray eyes; which  shimmered from the sunlight of the evening sun's rays passing through the window. My goodness this girl was beautiful, I had never seem anyone quite like her. Her soft pink lips lightly parted so she could speak.

     Mikasa: You're not a burden at all, I enjoy being able to assist you. It's no trouble at all, just relax. You won't get better if you put too much strain on yourself trying to rush your muscles to recover.

     I was at a loss for words at the girl's kindness, I couldn't even gather my thoughts enough to respond. She lightly patted me on the head and gently pulled me closer as we continued across the wooden floor.

     Holding me up with one arm around my waist, she reached out and opened the door before lightly pulling my left arm back around her shoulders and continuing onward.

     We made it out into a hallway; two large open rooms on each end. The dark wood and candle sconces giving off a very humble yet appreciated tone to the home. The walls weren't intricate or anything fancy, but they looked durable and were clearly constructed with care. She guided me to the right and that was the direction we walked in.

     As we slowly walked, the sounds of a flickering fireplace and clanking clattering of dishes could be heard. The sounds got a little louder as we got closer and closer to the larger open room at the end of the hall, but not loud enough to be disorienting or uncomfortable.

     Once we reached the end of the hallway and walked into the room, I could see that it was a kitchen and dining room! A door that led outside was to the right, with two windows flanking it on each side.

     A wooden table sat in the center of the room with a chair on each of it's four sides. Past the table was a stone fireplace at the far front of the room with a stew pot being heated by the hot tips of the flames. To the left was a counter that spanned across most of that side of the room, a small sink and various cabinets under it with a window above the sink.

     It was what was standing at the counter however, that drew my attention.

     An absolutely beautiful woman stood there, washing dishes in the sink with a soapy rag. She wore rather humble clothes; a cream sweater with frills at the sleeves and a cute deep red skirt that ran down to her feet, which were covered in small tan boots. A white apron made it's home tied around the front of her waist. Her long silky black hair seemed to have it's own glimmer as it was left to peacefully rest on her chest in a loose tie.

     We took another step into the dining area and she noticed us there by the creak of the floors we made as we stepped. She turned and looked at us, and I was absolutely entranced. Her hair had bangs that framed both sides of her face with a few stray strands over her forehead. Her beautiful eyes were a stunning light caramel brown and she had a cute nose and supple pink lips.