Paradis

POV-(Y/n):

How long has it even been? I don't know, I can't know. Knowing would just worry me even more. I couldn't help but ponder though...had it been days? Weeks? Months? It's impossible to tell. I had been swimming for what felt like ages. I didn't even know what direction I was swimming in.

North?

South?

East?

West?

     Or any variation of the four? All I knew was that I swam through an endless void of saltwater. Nothing in sight but...her.

     The only thing I had been following this entire time was a girl. She was young with fair light skin and gleaming blonde hair that flowed down to her neck. Her lips parted ever so slightly as she would exhaled, her breath as cold as ice. She wore ragged and torn clothes with a dark chain and shackled collar around her neck.

 She wore ragged and torn clothes with a dark chain and shackled collar around her neck

(Credit to Marvin on Pixiv)

     She walked along the horizon, with nothing but a bucket in her hands. The bucket filled with sand and water. Or was it water and sand? One variation of the two. Possibly clay. She was so far away yet I could see her looking at me. I'd never forget her eyes.

     Those eyes.

     They sparkled through the day and illuminated the night with a vibrant beautiful deep violet color~

     Was she real?

     A mirage?

     She didn't look false. She just walked back and forth across the horizon. Every day and every night. Occasionally she would turn to look at me, beaconing me to follow her with her gaze. Refilling her bucket with more sand and water, or water and sand, as she looked to be making some sculpture out of all of it.

     I couldn't take my eyes off her. She looked so peaceful. She never smiled yet looked so content. I was following her and her alone. As if it was instinct to do so, a primal instinct that radiated from my very soul. I don't even know how my titan form hasn't completely assimilated my human body.

     Maybe it was my human stubbornness being enough to delay it...

     Maybe it was the blonde violet eyed girl's beaconing me to her that slowed it...

     Or maybe it was pointless to wonder and I've just lost my fucking mind.

     Either way, I kept cutting through the endless swathes of ocean. Hoping to reach the horizon; to reach the girl. Whenever I felt tired, she would look to me and I felt momentarily reinvigorated. I can't explain it. My body, both human and titan forms, felt ready to break and give out completely. But when she looked to me, it's as if I had gotten a second wind.