Infinite Garden

POV-(Y/n):

Eren: Dad! You're home!

The excited girl ran towards the Attacking Man known as Grisha and hugged him. A small grin formed in the corner of his lips as he ruffled the girl's hair. It was the first time I had ever seen him give anything beyond a cold, placid expression. He looked to his wife and waved, to which she gave a beautiful smile that made my heart race.

Then, he looked to me. His cold eyes took a more analytical gaze as he looked at me. He almost seemed surprised that I had survived everything since arriving on the island.

Grisha: Ah, you're awake. This is good!

After Eren released him from her hug, he walked over to me; immediately putting his palm to my forehead to check to see if I was running a fever or not.

Grisha. How are you feeling?

(Y/n): I'm very sore but doing well besides that, I don't feel sick at all!

Grisha: Excellent, I see you've already made friends with the family.

(Y/n): Yes Sir! You have a wonderful family and they've treated me wonderfully...thank you so much for saving me.

His normally cold eyes lit up just a bit, enough to indicate that he was either relieved at my high spirits or glad that I was alive. Possibly both.

Grisha: No need to thank me, you wouldn't be the first child in-need that we've taken in. I'm glad you're doing well, (Y/n). I'll have your crutches finished in a few days—

     Mikasa: He doesn't need them.

     Grisha: Oh?

     He looked to the girl, curious after her statement. She has a very determined look on her face, like she wouldn't take no for an answer. I couldn't decide whether it was cute or scary, perhaps a bit of both as her dark eyes glimmered as she addressed the man.

     Mikasa: I'll help him around the house, and around town if he needs it.

     Carla: *chuckles* How will you do that?

     Mikasa: I'll carry him. Either piggyback or bridal style. Whichever he prefers.

     She was so blunt in her assertion that I could feel my face heat up in slight embarrassment. The thought of her carrying me around town wasn't completely unpleasant though, I had to admit. I did worry about becoming too much of a burden on both Mikasa and the whole family though, especially after all they had done for me already.

     Unfortunately in my thoughts, I had spaced out a bit and only just now noticed her walking towards the chair I was sitting on. She leaned close, looking into my eyes and yet again I was mesmerized by her gorgeous sparkling gray eyes. The blush on my face was starting to become more apparent as she moved her left arm to my lower back and her right arm to right under my thighs. With no effort to her at all, she proceeded to lift me up flawlessly. It was as if I was nothing more than a paperweight to her!

     She turned around facing the rest of the family, holding me rather close.

     (Y/n): M-Mikasa!

     She spoke directly to the others.

     Mikasa: See? Just like this; he's light and easy to carry, crutches are unnecessary and only hinder him more.

Carla: Aww how cute!

Holding me closer, she nuzzled her cheek against mine. Her hair tickled my nose but her warmth was so comforting that it almost offset my blushing!