Cuddle

"I wanna watch that tape again." Richie blurted out, Eddie snapped his head up, twisting to look down at the boy.

"Hell no!" He refused, face burning red.

Richie let out a raspy laugh, his throat scratchy from his laughs before.

"It was a joke." Richie said rolling over to his side, looking up to face the boy leaning over him. Eddie held his breath as Richie placed his hand on the back of Eddie's neck, saying,

"I still remember your reply." It was a whisper, and Eddie knew what he meant.

He didn't know what to say, taking in a deep breath he said, "That's so unsanitary." Earning another loud laugh from Richie.

He removed his hand, placing it down to his own stomach as Eddie laid back down next to him, "Let's just go to sleep Rich."

"Yeah." Richie agreed, turning off the lamp next to him as Eddie pulled the blanket up above them both.

Richie wanted to move closer, drag Eddie into him like every other time they were near eachother, but for some reason he couldn't. This time felt different, the urge was stronger but his body still refused to move, his stomach twisting up in knots as he stared up to the ceiling.

Eddie wanted Richie to grab him, to pull him closer like he always did. Eddie would complain about it but he secretly wished for it. He couldn't sleep, he couldn't even close his eyes, he stared out Richie's window, watching as the tree branches swooped dangerously close to the window, it's leaves twirling around in the wind.

Richie sighed, taking off his glasses and setting them on the table before rolling back to his side, facing his friend.

Eddie gulped, feeling the urge to turn over as well, to him, every way he lay would be awkward.

He turned anyways, his gaze still locked on the window, the moonlight seeping in through the leaves made it hard to close his eyes.

Richie blinked, his vision blurry, slowly warning for a headache. He closed his eyes, feeling himself relax more into the mattress as his eye lids weighed heavier.

He felt warm and peaceful, his body finally giving into his urge as he draped an arm over Eddie, still to afraid to pull him closer.

Eddie relaxed a little more, blinking slowly as he tried to look away from the hypnotizing dance of the tree outside. He also closed his eyes, barely scooting back to get closer to Richie's warmth, he still felt to far away.

Eventually Richie fell asleep, Eddie heard the moment his breathing slowed, steadily falling into a quiet rhythm.

He sighed, slowly rolling over to face the sleeping boy, keeping his arm over him.

He bit his lip, nervous to move forward in fear of waking Richie, but he couldn't sleep. Hesitantly, Eddie scooted closer, breathing deep into the warm embrace as he nuzzled his face closer to Richie's neck.

He placed his arm under Richie's so they would be holding each other, his breathing soon falling in line with the other's.

*** ***

Richie groaned, trying to roll away from the sunlight until he felt the weight on him. He rubbed his eyes, cringing from the light seeping through his bare window.

He looked down, seeing Eddie with his face buried into his chest, he grabbed his glasses to see more clearly, Eddie's arm wrapped around Richie's waist and his leg over his hip. his own leg was placed in between Eddie's, he smiled, using the hand he had over Eddie to run through his hair.

Eddie mumbled, scooting closer to Richie. He laughed at the movement as he stretched a hand to his headboard, making sure he didn't roll off the bed.

Eddie woke up, slowly lifting his head up and blinking rapidly, his eyes adjusting to the light.