Sunset

"Why are we on the roof?"

"Just look."

Eddie turned his attention to the sky, watching as the pink and oarnge casted a light on everything in sight. The blue sky blending with the other pretty colors while the clouds fizzled out.

"This is really pretty." Eddie said in awe,

"I really like sunsets." Richie admitted, there was his 'soft' side, the version of Richie that Eddie barley knew.

"Me too." He whispered, turning to look at his peaceful boyfriend.

Richie turned his head, looking at Eddie who was sitting up beside him, their eyes locked.

"What?" Richie asked,

Eddie shook his head, his cheeks glowing pink before he even said anything,

"You're really pretty Rich."

Richie didn't say anything, but he felt everything. The butterflies in his stomach, the word repeating in his head, his face growing warm.

He slowly smiled, sitting up on his elbows, "Thank you Eds."

"Don't call me Eds you weirdo." The boy said, now feeling embarrassed,

"You're really pretty too."

Eddie looked down at his crossed legs, a smile glued to his face, he couldn't help it.

Both boys started to giggle, lightly pushing eachother and looking back to the beautiful sunset.

"Today was fun." Eddie said after a while,

"Yeah, I agree. Some day soon we should go on a date just for us."

"Yeah." Eddie smiled, "That'd be nice."

Richie smiled bright, he felt so happy for once.

"Come on, let's go back inside." Eddie said crawling through the window.

Richie looked at the now deep purple sky and climbed through the window as well.

"I don't want you to ever leave." Richie said sadly as his feet hit the floor, Eddie turned to him a sad smile on his face.

"I won't."

"Promise?"

Eddie sighed, he looked back out the window to the now dark sky, "I wish I could promise that."

Richie stepped forward, quickly wrapping his arms around his boyfriend. He rested his chin on top of his head as Eddie returned the hug, "I..." he stopped himself, unsure if this was the right time, "I love you." He whispered quietly.

Eddie felt his heart beat increase, he let out a happy sob, tightening his grip around Richie, "And I know we just started dating but I've always loved you Eddie."

Eddie pulled away to look up at him, Richie looked down with hopeful eyes, "I love you too Richie." The taller boy sighed in relief, a wide grin taking over his face.

Eddie pushed himself up on his tippy toes as he moved a hand to Richie's hair, Richie tilted his head as he bent down the rest of the way and connected their lips.

"RICHIE!" His mom's voice rung out through the house, the floorboards creaking as she stepped through the front door.

Richie and Eddie jumped apart, both boys frowning at each other at the fact. "YEAH MOM?" He quickly shouted back, a worried expression on his face.

"I'll be back." He whispered before walking out and running down the stairs, Maggie looked up and gave her son a smile, "Hi hon, I'm finally back."

Richie smiled, "You were gone? I didn't even notice." He joked, stepping into the kitchen next to her

"Haha." She said ruffling his hair, "What have you been up to? Wait no, let me guess."

Richie rolled his eyes as he jumped up onto the stool in front of his mother, "You've been hanging out with your friend's all month,"

He smiled, "Obviously."

,"But mostly that Eddie kid."

Richie tried pushing away his smile, instead it grew wider.

"Matter of fact," she said noticing the gesture, "I bet he's here right now. Isn't he?"

Richie's jaw dropped, "Wha- no, why would he be here?"

She smirked, "EDDIE!" She shouted, keeping her gaze stuck to her awe struck son.

Eddie anxiously made his way down the steps, "Hi mrs. Tozier."

She smiled over at him, "Oh honey, don't call me that, my name's Maggie." He nodded his head before stepping into the kitchen with them, Richie glancing back and forth between the two.

"Have you boys eaten yet?"

Eddie shook his head to answer no.

"Alright, well I brought groceries so you boys bring the bags in from my car and I'll make some spaghetti. That sound good?"

"Yes, of course. Thank you... Maggie." She smiled at Eddie before walking to the stove, grabbing a big pot and filling it with water.

Eddie had to awkwardly drag a dumb founded Richie outside, "How did she know I was over here?"

Richie shrugged, now moving on his own, he went to the trunk of his mom's car, "I didn't tell her... and she's acting weird."

"Weird how?"

"Weird like..." Richie gripped tightly onto the bags as he leaned up and looked at his boyfriend, "like she knows... somehow." He said uncertain.

Eddie's jaw dropped, "What?"

"I don't know." Richie quickly walked back inside, leaving Eddie to panic, the brunette quickly pushed the thoughts away as he used his inhaler, he glanced around the him, now afraid of what might be hiding in the dark. He rushed to bring the rest of the groceries in.

When he walked inside with the rest of the bags Maggie was talking about Mr. Tozier.

"So you mean to tell me, the entire time I was visiting my dying aunt, Wentworth wasn't here to take care of you even once?!"

Richie bit the inside of his cheek as he nodded,

"Did you boys even eat?" She asked, pushing anger to the side to make sure the two were okay first.

"Yeah," Richie answered quickly, " We've eaten what was here and we've went out with some friends."

She nodded, stirring the sauce as she looked over to Eddie, "So you've been here the whole time?"

Eddie's eyes widened, he looked over at Richie who wore the same expression, Maggie giggled, "It's okay boys, just don't lie to me, only rule."

"Uh..." Richie spoke for him, "Not the whole time... maybe um four days."

"Oh." She said simply, turning back to the food as her anger returned, "I wish divorces weren't so expensive."

"Yeah." Richie agreed, knowing all the trouble his parents went through in their relationship, neither one being able to afford the divorce they so badly needed.

"And of course so many people telling us it's wrong to divorce."

*** *** ***
Oi
Anyways, I like Maggie<3
So the situation is, Maggie has always noticed how her son was always putting Eddie above everything and she likes to tease him about it ;)

She hates Wentworth, Richie's dad, and even though their not divorced, Wentworth moved out and since he still has custody over Richie, is supposed to help support raising him (spoiler alert: he doesn't)

Um... the losers start school in a week...

Anyways! I hope you enjoy this so far!
~Zen