Chapter 2

"Hey kid!" Lars says with a smile.
Sophia runs towards Lars give him the biggest hug she can and cries "LARS!! It's been soo long! How are you? How's space? I missed so much!" Returning the hug Lars replies "I missed you too kid. And I'm great! Space is great! I've visited so many incredible planets! I'll have to bring you along on my next adventures!"
Sophia's eyes light up as she excitedly asks "Really?!" "Yes, of course we'll have to ask your parents and make sure that you don't miss school." Lars answers.  "No!" Sophia complains.
"Don't worry kid, The off colors and I are staying on earth for a while. So we can see each other more often!" Lars replies.  Sophia shouts "That's awesome!" Lars smiles and "So how have you been?"
"I've been great! I go back to school tomorrow it's the first day of 7th grade! But summer vacation was amazing! I got to spend a lot of time in beach city with my parents, the gems, and my friends who live in town. Oh! And aunt Pearl and my mom started teaching me how to sword fight! And they said that I'm a fast learner and I'm doing great but I still have a lot to learn."Sophia excitedly answers. Lars replies "That does sound awesome. I'm happy that you had good time!" He turns to Amethyst and says "You know every time I see her she looks more and more like Stevonnie."
Amethyst replies "I know right."
"Who's Stevonnie?" Sophia asks.
"Ask your parents later." Amethyst answers.
Then Sophia replies "Okay." She turns to see Sadie & her partner Shep walking towards them.
"Hey guys!" Sadie Greets.
Sophia & Amethyst both smile and wave as Lars says "Hey Sadie! Hey Shep!"
"So how's space Lars?" Sadie asks Turing to strike up a conversation.
"It's great! The off colors and I love exploring space. Of course once in a while
I have to pay Steven, Connie, and this one a visit." He replies ruffling Sophia's hair.
"Are you and Shep preforming Tonight?" Sophia asks. "Yes we are. We are just trying to find a place to rehearse before the show." Sadie answers. Sophia says excitedly "You could use my house to rehearse! I just have to make sure it's okay with my parents. I think they are in bismuth's workshop let's go!" Sophia, Amethyst, Sadie, and Lars make their way over to Bismuth's Forge as they enter the group hears voices coming from inside.
"Bismuth this is perfect!" Steven says with a smile. "She's going to love it. Thank you Bismuth" Connie says.
"Who's gonna love it?" Sophia asks
The pair turns around to their daughter standing in the doorway.
"H-Hey Munchkin!" Steven says nervously as the hand behind his back hands something to Bismuth. Sophia smirks knowing her father was hiding something. He was never good at hiding things at least from her. "Hi Mom & Dad. I have a question." She says.
"What is it sweetheart?" Her mother asks.
"Can Sadie and Shep use our house to rehearse before the show?" She asks.
"Of course they can." Connie answers.
"Great! Thank you!" Sophia replies.
She goes to leave but she goes back to her parents and hugs them and says "I love you guys!"
"We love you too." Her parents respond.
"I'll see you both later. Bye!" Sophia chirps before leaving. "Bye!" Her parents respond.
Then the group leaves to go get Shep then head back to Sophia's house.
Steven turns back to Connie & Bismuth and says
"That was way to close. I think we should leave it with you until we're ready to give it to her later."
Bismuth replies "Sounds like a plan!"
Meanwhile The group arrived back at Sophia's house. Lion's head pops up at the sound of the warp. His 'cub' was back and he greeted her with kisses.
Sophia says giggling "I told you I would be back buddy. Did you really miss me that much?"
Lion stops and just stares at her for a moment.
Then Sophia says "I'll take a that as a yes."
Lion goes back to his spot in the living room and he's joined by cat Steven jr. Shocked & confused about what they just saw Shep says "That-That was a lion and it was pink." "He's magical too!" Sophia adds. Then they ask "Why do you have a magical pink lion just roaming around your house kid?" Sadie smiles finding her partner's confusion adorable. Then she says "Babe, remember she's Steven's daughter." Still very confused Shep replies "Right. Okay kid, where is the best place for us to set up?"
"Come on I'll show you! Show you!"
Sophia says as she leads them down the hallway to the music room. While Amethyst and Lars go the living room and watch TV.
"This is perfect!" Sadie says with a smile.
"Can I get you anything to drink?" Sophia asks.
"I'll take a water." Sadie answers.
"Make that two waters!" Shep adds.
"Okay,I'll be right back!" Sophia Replies as She goes and gets two glasses of water and then returns to the room. "I'm back!" She's says as she sets both glasses of water on the desk.
"Thank you" Sadie says as she's looking at an
open notebook on the desk. Then she asks "Sophia did you write this song?"
Sophia sheepishly answers "Yeah, but it's not that good." Sadie replies "Are you kidding this is amazing! Babe! Come look at this!" Shep comes over to Sadie as she shows them Sophia's song. They turn to Sophia and ask "You wrote this?"
Sophia replies shyly "Yeah"
"How old are you? Shep asks.
"I'm 12 but I'm going to be 13 in May." Sophia answers.
Shep places their hand on Sophia's shoulder and says "You've got a gift kid."
Sophia replies "Wow! Thank you. That means so much coming from you!"
"Have you Shown this to Greg or your dad?" Sadie asks. Sophia nervously replies "No... I'm to scared to show them. What if they don't like it? They taught me everything I know. They know I love and play music but not like this."
"Well, I think you should share it." Sadie replies.
"Really?" Sophia asks.
"Yeah! You could sing after us. But only if you want to. It's just a suggestion." Sadie replies.
"Can I let you know?" Sophia asks
"Of course!" Sadie replies.
"Okay, well I'm gonna go back to Little Homeworld to see if my parents need any more help setting up. I'll see you guys later." Both Sadie & Shep reply "bye!" Sophia says then she goes back into the living room lion stands us and walks over to Sophia as she says "I'm going back to little homeworld on lion, you guys coming?" Amethyst replies "Yeah but we'll take the warp we have to help your dad and the others finish setting up. We will find you later okay?" Sophia replies "Okay bye!" She opens the back door and walks into the backyard and lion follows. She hops on lion's back and he opens a portal and hops through after a short journey they arrive back in little homeworld.