Chapter 10

Few months go by and it's now late fall. Our favorite group of friends has grown closer. Zane and Astrid revealed that they're half human-half gem hybrids. "We're not the only ones." Sophia mumbles.  "What?" Zane questions having heard the inaudible thing that Sophia just said.
"Nothing!" Sophia quickly replies. The bell rings and everyone heads to their next class.
.................................................................................
Later at the temple
"And My Homework is Done! And now I have a free weekend!" Sophia says excitedly. The she starts putting her homework in her backpack and zips it up and puts it on the chair next to her.
"Do you want me to check anything? I know math has been given you trouble lately." Pearl asks. "I'm actually all good! But Thanks
for the offer Aunt Pearl!" Sophia responds.
"No problem" Pearl replies
Sophia finishes putting her school stuff away and then notices Lions head resting in her lap as he looks up at her.

"Hey bud, where's your tiny partner in crime?" Sophia asks petting his head. Lion turns and stares at the shelf's above the couch. After a moment Sophia spots a pink ball of fluff sitting on the middle shelf. Then cat Steven decided she wanted to be higher. So she hopped up to the top shelf and in doing so, she accidentally knocked Rose's sword off the shelf.

"Cat Steven no!" Sophia says as she watched the broken sword fall from the shelf. Then She instinctively reached her right hand out causing the sword to stop mid fall surrounded by a faint pink aura.
After a moment the sword started slowly moving towards Sophia and stopped when it was safely in the young girl's hand. In complete shock Sophia looks down at the sword and then back up at the Gems who were also in shock.

"You guys saw that too right?" Sophia asks with a nervous laugh. The trio nods.
"How did you do that?!" Pearl asked.
"I'm not sure. The first part of reaching my hand out kinda just happened. Then I started focusing on the sword. I wasn't sure if I could get it back up in the shelf so I just brought it to me."
Sophia responds as she put the sword back on the shelf and takes Cat Stevens and places her on the floor.
"Can you do it again?" Amethyst excitedly asks.
"Amethyst this power is still new to her. We don't want to over do it" Pearl replies.
"I mean it wouldn't hurt to try. Would it?" Sophia adds turning towards Garnet.
"I think she should try it again." The fusion answers. "Okay, what am I moving with my mind?" Sophia asks with a smile. Then lion brings Sophia her water bottle from the side of her backpack.
"Thanks Buddy." Sophia says to the pink beast.
Then the young girl walks over to the couch and the trio follow. Then Sophia places the water bottle on the part of the coffee table that's closest to the warp pad and then sits down at the other end of the coffee table and the gems sit on the couch. After taking a deep breath Sophia reaches her hand out a little bit and starts to focus on the water bottle. After a moment the water bottle starts to faintly glow pink as it starts to levitate and starts slowly moving towards her. When the water bottle is half way across the coffee table the warp pad activates. "What the heck?!" A pair of voices exclaim causing Sophia to loose focus. The water bottle falls onto the coffee table as she looks up and sees her parents standing on the warp pad. "Mom, Dad! Hi!" Sophia says nervously. "Hi." The pair replies. "Are you going to share with us whatever you were just doing?" Steven asks.
Sophia looks at the gems for a moment and them back at her parents then she answers "yes! come sit down."
Steven and Connie join the group on the couch.
Garnet puts the water bottle at the end of the table. "Okay, Let's try this again." Sophia says.
Then she reaches her hand out and after a moment the water bottle once again levitates with a faint pink glow and then it starts moving over towards Sophia until it's in her hand.
"I did it! Amethyst! I did it!" Sophia cheers. Amethyst gives her a high five and then a hug!
"This is why we let her try again." Garnet says as she turns to Pearl. Steven and Connie look at each other. "Did we miss something?" Connie asks. "How did you figure out that you could do this?"Steven adds.
"Well, Cat Steven decided that she wanted to sit on the top shelf. So she hopped up there and I'm doing so she knocked grandma Rose's sword off the self but I stopped it before it hit the ground." Sophia answers.
"Sophia That's incredible!" Her parents reply.
"Thank you." Sophia replies.
Just then Sophia's phone starts buzzing in her pocket. She takes it out and answers it.
"Hey Peedee Jr.!" Sophia greets.
"Sophia! It's just Junior!" The young boy replies in a slightly annoyed tone.
"Right. So what's up Junior?" Sophia asks.
"You have to come to the arcade! There's a new girl that's playing Galaxies Gate. And she's really good! I think she might beat the high score!" Junior says in an excited tone.
"But that's next to impossible! That game is so hard & it doesn't help that the controls tend to stick!" Sophia responds.
"That's exactly why you gotta get down here!" Junior excitedly says.
"Okay, hang on let me ask my parents." Sophia replies. Sophia puts her phone against her chest Turns to her parents and says
"Hey Mom & Dad, can I go to the arcade?"
"Sure, but Amethyst is going with you because it's going to be dark soon." Her mother replies.
"Thank you!" Sophia responds as she places her phone back to her ear
"Junior, I'll be there in five." Sophia says then she ends the call. After a short walk the pair arrives at the arcade. There were kids everywhere. After a moment of walking through the arcade the pair sees a group of kids surrounding the game.
"Hey Sophia!" Junior greets as they fist bump.
"So who's this new girl?" Sophia asks.
"Her name is Astrid." Junior answers.
"Oh my gosh! I know her she's my friend!" Sophia says proudly. "That's awesome!" Junior replies. Then the pair turn to the game and start watching Astrid play.

After watching Astrid for a little bit Sophia walks to the entrance. Noticing this Amethyst follows the young girl and places a hand on Sophia's shoulder and asks "You okay?"
"I don't know something just doesn't feel right." Sophia replies.
"Do you want to leave?" Amethyst asks.
"No, No we just got here. I'm sure it's nothing" Sophia replies. The pair turns to go back towards the crowd of kids but someone grabs Sophia arm.
Sophia turns to see a multicolored gem hanging on her arm.
"Well if it isn't Sophia Universe." The mystery gem says. "YOU! Get away from her!" Amethyst yells as she pulls Sophia towards her and stands in front of her protectively.

"Get outta here Bluebird! Don't forget who beat you last time!" Amethyst growls.
"Right. But you were part of a fusion last time. Now your all alone. And I highly doubt that organic brat can defend herself. So goodbye!"
The fusion replies as she hits Amethyst with a destabilizer causing her to poof. "Amethyst!" Sophia screams as she watches her cousin get poofed. The young girl then turns back to the fusion and yells "Why did you do that?!"

"She was preventing me from getting what we actually came for." Bluebird responds.
"And what's that?" Sophia questions.
"You." Bluebird answers as someone picks up Sophia. "Hey! Put me down!" The young girl protests.
"Don't fight it." A very familiar voice says.
"Zane?!" Sophia says in pure shock.
Then another familiar voice says "I'm here  Bluebird! You didn't have to text me 28 times!"
"Astrid?! Not you too!" Sophia says.
"Bluebird, She did nothing wrong!
Do we really have to do this?" Astrid asks the fusion. "Number 1 tell number 2 what have I told you." Bluebird responds.
"This is our one purpose Astrid. We have to do this." Zane replies as he puts his hand over Sophia's nose and mouth causing her pass out.
.................................................................................
Meanwhile at the Temple
The gang is chatting in the living room and having a good time. That is until Garnet's smile falls from her face.
"Oh No." the fusion mumbles. "What is it Garnet?" Pearl turns to the fusion asks. Garnet removes her visor before responding in a serious tone. "Sophia's in danger."