Chapter 5

The next morning
Sophia quickly gets up and takes a shower and gets dressed. Wearing her star necklace, a sky blue t-shirt with a yellow star in the center, a pair of jean shorts, and a pair of sky blue sparkly high tops. She also is wearing her hair down and it falls just above her waist.
Sophia turns to lion who is curled up on her now made bed, and Willow sitting on lions paw.
Sophia asks "So, how does it look?"
Lion tilts his head to the side then looks down at Willow and then back at Sophia.
"Hmm, It's missing something." Willow replies.
Sophia looks on the dresser and sees a few golden star hair clips. She pulls her hair into a high ponytail & places the star hair clips in her hair.
"How does it look now?" Sophia asks again
"It's perfect!" Willow replies as Lion nods in agreement. "Great! Have a good day Willow!" Sophia says with a smile on her face. "Bye!" Willow replies. Sophia heads downstairs for breakfast.
"Good morning munchkin!" Steven greets as Sophia comes into the kitchen and sits at the table. "Good morning sweetheart!" Connie greets as she places a plate of two small chocolate chip waffles on the table.
"Good morning! Breakfast looks delicious!"Sophia says before she digs right in to her breakfast.  "I hope you enjoy! Your dad insisted on making us breakfast and making your lunch today!" Her mother says with a smile on her face.
"Is it a crime that I like to cook for my two favorite girls?" Steven asks. Then he kisses Connie on the cheek causing Sophia to giggle.
"And what is so funny?" Steven Questions.

Sophia who was just finishing her breakfast answers "You two are adorable! I hope I can have a relationship like yours someday."
"You will, you just have to wait for the right boy." Steven replies.
"Yeah, the right 'boy'. How am I supposed to tell them that I like girls? I don't want them to be disappointed that I don't like boys. And I know I should tell them but I don't know how to. Stars! What is wrong with me!" Sophia thinks to herself. After a moment she snaps back to reality Sophia says "Yeah. Anyway the bus is gonna be here soon so I should get going."
"Here's your lunch. Have a good day!" Connie says hugging her daughter.
"Thanks Mom!" Sophia replies.
Steven also hugs her and says "Have a good day Munchkin! And remember to keep your gem covered and hidden."
"I know dad!" Sophia replies.
"I know that you know. Just promise you'll try
be safe." Steven says.
"Okay, I promise! I love you both bye!" Sophia replies as grabs her backpack & pats lion on the head "Bye bud, I'll see you after school. I love you!" Then She leaves the house and Lion cries at the door.
"Oh buddy, she'll be back." Steven says with a small smile on his face.
"Does someone miss his girl already?" Connie asks the fluffy pink beast. Lion turns his head towards her & whines.
"Aww, I'll take that as a yes." Connie laughs.

Meanwhile Outside as she's waiting at the bus stop Sophia hears someone call her name. She turns around and sees her friend Millie. A smile spreads across both of the girls faces as they rush towards each other and into a hug. After a few seconds the pair releases the hug.
"I missed you so much Soph!" Millie says.
"I missed you so much Millz!" Sophia replies.
"But you didn't miss your awesome older brother from another mother!?" Mason asks over dramatically causing Sophia and Millie burst into laughter. "That's my brother the drama queen!" Millie says to Sophia while laughing.
Sophia says "Of course I missed you Mason."
Then she turns back to Millie and asks "So, How was Florida island? Was it as amazing as people say it is?"
"No! It's way better than people say it is! The beach was so pretty and relaxing! We even got to swim with dolphins!" Millie answers.
"That's Awesome!" Sophia replies.
"Heads up girls!" Mason says as the bus pulls up and it's doors open & the trio gets on and takes their seats. Millie & Sophia in one seat and Mason across the from them in another.
"How was your summer?" Millie asks
"It was Awesome! I got to spend a lot of time with the gems! My mom & Aunt Pearl started teaching me how to sword fight! My Aunt Bismuth even made me a sword!! I also have healing tears and I created this little gal." She pulls out her phone and shows Millie and Mason a picture of Willow.
"Soph, that's incredible!" Millie says with stars in her eyes.
"Thanks Millz!" Sophia replies as she blushes.
"Sophia can I make her little outfits!" Mason excitedly asks.
"Yes Mason! I'm sure she'd love that!" Sophia answers.
"Speaking of your gem did you tell Elise yet?" Millie asks."Can we talk about something else." Sophia replies trying to change the subject.
"So you didn't tell her." Mason says in an unsurprised tone.
"No I didn't! Can we please drop the topic please!?" Sophia replies in an uncharacteristically harsh tone.
"Okay.."Millie replies.

Magical time skip brought to you by Lion
They finally arrived at school and Sophia couldn't be more excited. After all thanks to her father gems and humans are living together in peace. So along with humans, gems are teaching as well! Sophia loved this but at the same time she didn't. Having gems around meant being compared to her dad and being treated differently because of her last name. Anyway Sophia walks into school with her friends as they make their way to their lockers. Along the way Sophia notices other kids looking and whispering as she walked by but she just brushed it off and went to her locker. When they arrive at lockers the group sees Elise.
"Hey guys!" Elise greets with a friendly smile.
"Hey Elise" Mason replies with a warm smile.
"hey" Sophia replies quietly.
"Hey Elise!" Millie replies. Then she starts chitchatting with Elise about their summers. The bell rings and Sophia nervously says "I'm gonna get to class." As she goes to leave she feels a hand on her shoulder to see Mason who asks "you okay?"
Sophia nods and replies "Ya." He replies "Okay, see you at lunch." Sophia quietly repeats "See you at lunch." Then she leaves for her next class.