Chapter 14

After a short and silent journey Astrid stops in front of the shadow on the ground and she breaks the silence by saying "We're here."

"Alright remember Peridot, Lapis, Garnet, and Astrid will disable the cloaking device and part of the security system. Pearl, Bismuth and I will take care of distracting Bluebird and the others. While Spinel, Lars, Zane, Amethyst, and Lion will go and free Sophia from her cell. Is the everyone ready?" Stevonnie asks.
"Yes!" The chorus of voices responds.
"Okay, let's get my daughter back!" Stevonnie says as everyone split into their groups.
.................................................................................
"Sophia's cell is at the end of this hall" Zane says leading the group to Sophia's cell. As they get closer they start hearing faint crying getting louder. Once they arrive outside the cell and Sophia is sitting on the floor with her knees to her chest shaking and crying with her head in her arms. Zane deactivates the force field keeping Sophia in her cell and starts to walk into the cell. Sophia hears this and says with her voice shaking "Please don't hurt me anymore. I don't know where Zane and Astrid are."

After a moment Sophia feels a hand gently touch her shoulder. She lifts her head to see Zane and the rest of the group and lion nuzzles her and licks her face.
"Zane did really bringing them here?" Sophia asks looking up at the boy.
"Astrid and I promised we'd help you get home didn't we?" Zane responds.
"Thank you" Sophia says as she hugs him.
Zane returns the hug only to find that Sophia is abnormally warm. He feels her forehead and says
"Sophia,You're burning up."
"Oh, Am I? it's probably because Bluebird cracked my gem and probably why my head really hurts and why everything is fuzzy." Sophia responds sounding super exhausted and a little out of it.
"She did WHAT?!" Amethyst say interrupting the conversation. "That explains what happened with Steven." Lars says without thinking.
"She cracked my gem because she thought I was lying about not knowing where Zane and Astrid were....Wait something happened to my dad?" The girl reply changes to a question having just heard what her uncle had said.

"What No! Your dad is fine. You are what's important right now!" Lars says trying to get his niece to drop the subject.
"Nice save." Amethyst says to him.
"Sophia I'm so sorry! If I had known she would crack your gem-" Zane starts apologizing before Sophia stops him and says "Zane It's alright. it's not your fault. Besides you brought my family."
"I really hate to break this up but we need get Sophia to her dad so he can heal her cracked gem." Lars comments.
"Right!" The pair replies. After a moment Lars picks Sophia up and holds her in a princess carry.
"You okay like this kid?" He asks.
"Mhm"she replies with a nod then the group leaves the cell.
.................................................................................
Astrid leads Lapis, Peridot, and Garnet to the main control room.
"Good! No one's in here" Astrid says as she steps into the room and goes to the main control panel.
Without a lot of effort she easily deactivates the ships cloaking device.

"Great, now that the cloaking device is down we just have to deactivate the main security system!" Astrid says as she goes to deactivate the system and all of the sudden the words please enter password appears on the screen.

"Shoot! I should have known there would be a passcode! Come on Astrid you're smarter than that." Astrid says scolding herself. After a few seconds a hint pops up. It reads
Hint: Bluebirds favorite 'child'.

"Oh this will be easy! It's neither of us." Astrid says sarcastically as she types the password in.
"That can't really be the-" Lapis says before seeing that the password was accepted. Seeing this absolutely broke the gems hearts. Sure this was Bluebird they were talking about but they thought maybe she had a shred of love in her heart but they were wrong. Astrid turn back to the gems quickly wiping away tears before saying "Yup! The only person that Bluebird cares about is herself! Now let's go find the others." Then she starts leaving the room. Lapis, Peridot, and Garnet share a concerned look before following Astrid.
.................................................................................
Stevonnie, Pearl, and Bismuth make their way to the main part of the ship. "She should be around here somewhere." Stevonnie says to Pearl and Bismuth. After a few moments of silence the trio hears a 'sickeningly sweet' voice say "Well if it isn't Pearl, who's part of my favorite trio. Did Steven send you because he was too afraid of me."
"That's none of your business!" Stevonnie snaps back. "And who are you??" Bluebird asks turning towards the fusion.
Stevonnie rolls their eyes and then unfuses.
"Where is my daughter?!" Steven angrily demands.
"Wouldn't you like to know." Bluebird replies
"I swear if you even touched a hair in her head you will spend the rest of eternity in a bubble." Connie says angrily.
"Oh I did more then that!" Bluebird smirks
Just then Astrid, Lapis, Peridot, and Garnet come in from one side of the room and Spinel, Amethyst, Zane, Lion, and Lars who's carrying
come in from the other side of the room.
"Zane Astrid, There you are! Come help me get rid of them." Bluebird says as spots the twins.