Chapter 9

1 week later
Mason, Millie, & Sophia walk into the cafeteria .
"Hey guys!" Elise greets walking up to the table.
The trio ignores her. "Guys?" Elise says in a confused tone. "What do you want?" Mason angrily asks. "Why have you been ignoring me for the past week?" Elise asks. The trio stays silent as Elise has a realization.
"Wait, have you seriously been ignoring me because of what I said about Sophia?" Elise sarcastically says.
"We don't want to be friends with someone who treats their so-called friends like garbage." Millie replies. "Fine!" Elise scoffs before walking away.
After Elise leaves Millie notices Sophia wiping away tears. Millie says takes Sophia's hand and says "Hey, I know it sucks now. But this is for the best."
"I know. It's just hard. First I lost Spinel & now I lose Elise. Well Elise wasn't really my friend but you get what I'm trying to say." Sophia replies.
"What happened with Spinel?" Millie asks.
"White told her she's not aloud to talk to me anymore because my gem is defective because I don't have powers." Sophia answers.
"But you do have powers! You created Willow!" Mason states in a very annoyed tone.
"That happened after she decided to not be my friend anymore." Sophia replies.
"How are you even related to the Diamonds anyway?" Mason asks. "You knowI don't actually know. I guess I'll have to ask my parents." Sophia answers.
"Anyway, since I'm coming to the Temple later anyway. How about once we finish our homework we watch the new episode of The Owl Shack since Mason watched it with out us. How does that sound?" Millie says trying to Change the subject.
"I'd like that." Sophia responds. "I have to go get something from my locker but I'll see you in our next class. Bye guys!" Sophia says as she grabs her things and leaves. "Bye" the pair responds. Millie notices her brother looking at her with a smirk on his face "What are you smiling about?" Millie questions. "You love her." Mason responds with an even bigger smirk on his face.
"Is it that obvious?" Millie asks.
"Yes. But don't worry the gems & I ship it!" Mason Answers. "The gems know?" Millie hesitantly asks.
"Yeah and they've told me that it's most likely mutual between the two of you. At least that's what Garnet said." Mason answers.
"I really hope it's mutual." Millie replies.

Later at the temple
The girls had just finished their homework and they go into the spare bedroom and turn on the tv to watch the latest episode of the owl shack.

"What?!? That's were it ends?!? But how is Luz gonna get her friends home?!? How are they gonna stop the collector?!!" Sophia says with teary eyes.
"I know right! I have so many questions! Ugh! This is gonna be such a long hiatus!" Millie adds as she dramatically flops back on to the bed causing Sophia to giggle. "What's so funny?" Millie asks. "You are!" Sophia answers.
The girls share a laugh.
"Wanna watch a movie?" Sophia asks.
"Sure" Millie replies with a smile.
A little while later Pearl comes upstairs to check on the girls. She opens the door to see the pair fast a sleep.
Sophia's head was on Millie's shoulder and her arms were wrapped around Millie's right arm. While Millie's head was resting on Sophia's. They were both leaning on lion. After smiling at the display. Pearl places a blanket over the girls, turns the tv off, and then leaves the room and closes the door behind her.
__________________________________
2 days later
Our favorite trio is sitting enjoying their lunch when Sophia notices a Mason dreamily looking at a boy who's sitting with a girl at another table.
The boy had brown hair with Maroon streaks.
He was wearing a black hoodie with maroon high tops. He was looking at his phone while he was eating his lunch. The girl sitting next to him had wavy brown hair that faded into purple . Her hair was down and she's wearing a unzipped black hoodie and a purple T-Shirt with jeans and purple high tops. She had one earbud in and was drawing what looked like a flower while she was eating her lunch.
"Who's that?" Sophia turns to mason and asks.  "No one!" Mason answers with a huge blush on his face. "It doesn't seem like a no one with that huge blush on your face." Millie teases.  "Look girls! Their names are Zane and Astrid. They're in most of my classes. " Mason Answers.