Chapter 3

On lions back Sophia appears towards the entrance of little home world Sophia gets off of lion then she sees a friend she hasn't seen in a while. Sophia runs over to her friend wraps her in a hug And happily say "Spinel! It's so good to see you!"
"Hi Sophia." Spinel says as she pushes out of the hug. "Spins is everything okay?" Sophia asks
"I'm not supposed to talk to you" Spinel replies.
"What?! Why?!" Sophia asks
"White say's that I'm not allowed to talk to or be friends with you because your gem is defective." Spinel replies bluntly.
For Sophia hearing this from one of her friends felt like a punch in the stomach.
"But she isn't here now & she doesn't have control anymore." She says trying to hide how hurt she was by the previous statement.
"Yes she does. I'm gonna go." Spinel replies before She runs off.
Tears start rolling down Sophia's face. She couldn't believe what had just happened. This was so unlike Spinel. She gets on Lions back and says "Let's go home." Lion starts walking. Sophia who was now lost in thought still couldn't understand how her first friend she'd ever made could hurt her so bad. She could still remember the first time they met.

⭐️Flashback Time⭐️.
(Note: Sophia is 3 years old in this flashback )
"Come on munchkin, we need to get going." Steven says holding Sophia's shoes. Sophia runs into the kitchen and climbs up on a chair and sits down so her dad could put on her shoes.
"Is mommy coming?" She asks
"Yes but, she's coming with the gems later." Steven answers as he puts her right shoe on and ties it for her.
"Okay! Where are we going?" Sophia asks
"Well, we're going to meet some family that you haven't met yet." Steven answers as he puts her left shoe on and ties it.
"Okay!" Sophia replies excitedly
Steven picks up Sophia making her giggle and goes to the warp. "Have fun you two!" Connie calls after them. "We will! Love you!" Steven replies. Looking Oher her dads shoulder Sophia happily says "Love you mommy!"
"Love you too sweetheart! I'll see you later okay!" Connie responds.
"Okay Bye!" Sophia replies.
The warp activates and in a moment they arrive at the homeworld palace. They step of the warp. Steven puts Sophia down and takes her hand. Just then a trio of voice say "Steven!" A calmer voice continued "It's been so long. We're so glad you're here!" Sophia hides behind her dad. Steven replies "well I wanted you to meet someone. Where's white?" A bolder voice replies "She has things she needed to tend to." Steven replies "Oh Okay." After some silence a bouncy voice asks "So, who's this someone ya want us to meet?"  Sophia steps out from behind her father causing the trio gasp with surprise. "This is my daughter Sophia." Turning to his daughter "Sophia, this is Blue, Yellow, and Spinel." Sophia spots Spinel as she tugs on her pigtails and giggles and "I match Spinel." Then she giggles again. Steven replies with a smile "yes, you do." She runs to Spinel and hugs her and says with a smile "you're my Friend!"
"I'm your friend?" Spinel asks. "Ya!" Sophia answers.
Spinel asks Sophia if she wanted to go say hi to Yellow & Blue. Sophia nods her head.
Blue sets her hand on the group and allows the pair to climb on to her palm and then she lifts them up closer to her face.
"You are so cute!" Blue says bringing her palm to her cheek & Sophia hugs her cheek.
Yellow smiles at the display. Then Blue places the pair back down and Spinel whispers in Sophia's ear 'do you want to play a game?" Sophia responds aloud 'Yes! Daddy can I please go play with Spinel?!"
Steven who's talking to blue and yellow Pearl who are on there way to do there own thing respond "Of course munchkin!"
Spinel and Sophia run off giggling
⭐️End Of Flashback ⭐️

Sophia looks up and she's at the top of the central tower. She gets off of lions back still in tears.
"Lion, I said go home not here!" Sophia says in a annoyed tone as Lion walks off.
Sophia sighs and sinks to the ground. Pulls her knees to her chest and puts her head down.

A few moments later She hears he dad calling her name. 'Lion must have went and gotten him. That's just great!' She thought even thought she was secretly grateful.

"Sophia" Steven calls still looking for her.
"Sophia's not here." She replies quietly.
Noticing her he goes over and sits down next to her and replies "Okay well, I'll just talk to this Sophia shaped box instead."
"If you have to." Sophia says quietly.
"What's wrong sweetheart?" He asks.
In an upset tone she replies "I think Spinel is mad at me."
"Why would she be mad at you? You haven't seen her since the beginning of the summer." He asks
"I don't know. But I saw her today I guess she was here cause of the party. And she said that White told her that she wasn't allowed to talk to me because my gem was defective. And that makes me feel like a disappointment because I have a gem but I don't have any powers. People expect me to be just like you and I'm not. You saved the world and the entire galaxy.  You're Steven Universe. How am I supposed to be like you if my gem is defective?" She answers in a defeated tone.
"Sophia listen to me, You do not have to be exactly like me. In fact you're not and I love that about you."Steven says as he lifts Sophia's head so her eyes meet his.
"Really?" Sophia asks.
"Yes, I love that you get to be your own person regardless of what other people say or think. I didn't get that choice. My mom was Pi-Rose Quartz. The same Rose Quartz that started gem war. Anyway what I'm trying to say is I don't care that you don't have powers. You are my Daughter and  I love you just the way you are." He answers.
"Thanks Dad." She says as she gives him a hug.
"No Problem Soph. And Let me handle the Spinel/White Diamond situation okay?" Steven says as he returns the hug.
"Okay Dad." She replies. "Now let's go have fun." He says helping his daughter up. Then the pair and Lion go back to the others.