Chapter 7

Sophia opens the front door as lion follows her.
She walks in and sees Amethyst chilling on the couch. "Hey!" Amethyst greets from the couch.
"Hey Amethyst!" Sophia replies as she goes into the kitchen & Amethyst follows. She enters the kitchen and is greeted by Garnet who was leaning against the counter and Pearl who was standing next to the island talking to Garnet.
"Hey Aunt Garnet! Hey Aunt Pearl! I thought I was supposed to meet you guys at the temple like always." Sophia says as she puts her backpack down on on of the kitchen chairs.
"Well because it's the first day. We figured we'd meet you here and then we could head to the temple all together." Pearl replies. After a moment Sophia remembers something and she smiles. "Well since you guys are here I have something to show you! I'll be right back! You're gonna love it!" She excitedly runs upstairs and Lion follows. "She reminds me so much of Steven at that age." Garnet says with a smile "I know! She's even the same height and everything." Amethyst adds. The pair then looks at Pearl who just smiles. After a moment Sophia comes back with something in her hands and she sits at the table. "Come here!" Sophia says excitedly. The trio moves to the table. "I'd like you to meet Willow! I accidentally brought her to life with my tears. Isn't that awesome!" Sophia says excitedly.
"That's totally awesome Soph!" Amethyst replies giving Sophia a high five.
"That's my little star, always full of surprises." Garnet says as she ruffles Sophia's hair.
"Sophia this is incredible!" Pearl adds before she can ask "Do your parents know about her?"
"Yes, they know. They were excited. Especially dad he had no words just hugs when he found out last night!" Sophia answers with a laugh.
"You think he was excited last night you should have seen him whenever he got his hands on a cookie cat." Amethyst says.
"Cookie cat?" Sophia asks.
"They were these ice cream sandwiches shaped like a cat's head. And there was a little song that he would sing." Amethyst answers with a laugh.
"That sounds like dad! I do want to hear that song though." Sophia replies.
"Another time, How was your day?" Garnet asks.
"It was fine. It was just hearing first day speil repeatedly all day. Nothing too special." Sophia replies. "How are Millie & Elise?" Pearl asks
"Millie & her family went to Florida island for summer vacation! And Elise is fine." Sophia replies starting with a smile but it fades when the topic changes to Elise. The gems notice this & look at each other concerned  "Are you okay?" Willow asks. "Yes Willow" Sophia responds in a annoyed tone. "Did she just talk to it?"
"Okay! Let's go to the temple!" Sophia says excitedly as she picks up Willow and runs to the warp pad. The gems follow her as lion walk up to Sophia.
"Meet us at the temple, okay bud?" Sophia says.
Lion nods opens a portal and hops through it.
"Are we ready?"
"Mhm! Can I do it this time?" Sophia asks looking up at Garnet "Sure." Garnet replies with a smile. "Yes!" Sophia cheers as the warp pad activates and in a flash they arrive at the temple.
As Sophia steps off warp pad lion runs up to Sophia and once and licks her face and nuzzles
her.  "Hi buddy." Sophia says as she pets lion and he leans into her hand.
"Is he always this affectionate?" Pearl questions.
"No, but it's probably just because this is the first time in awhile he hasn't constantly been with me.  So he just misses me that's all." Sophia replies as she goes to the table and the trio follows.
Sophia let's Willow out of her hands and on to the table. After a moment Sophia notices a pair suitcases by the door.
"Is Grandpa going back out on tour with Sadie & Shep?" Sophia turns to Garnet and asks.
"I don't know why don't you ask him yourself." Garnet replies. Then as if on cue Greg comes down the steps on the phone "That sounds great. I'll meet you guys there in twenty five minutes. Alright bye." He end the call and puts the phone in his pocket. "Hey there, Shortstop!" He says ruffling Sophia's hair . "Hey Grandpa!" Sophia replies. "How was the first day of-" Greg tries to ask but Is cut of by Sophia asking "Are you going back out on tour with Sadie & Shep?" "Well, I'm their manager it's my job. But why did you try to avoid talking about school?" Greg replies.
"What? No I didn't! I was just excited!
School was great!" Sophia replies with a smile.
Greg shoots a look at the gems and they send a knowing look back. "Alright I'll take your word for it." Greg says. Trying to change the subject then continues "Well I have to get going. I love you kiddo. You be good for your parents and the gems. And keep writing music alright?" Sophia nods and then he hugs her.
"Bye everyone." Greg says and with that he takes his suitcases and leaves knowing that whatever's going on with Sophia they would help her though it just like they always did.

A few moments they hear the warp activates and Bismuth, Lapis, & Peridot appear. "Hey guys!" Sophia greeted.
Peridot spots something moving on the table and asks "Why is there a small plant creature on the table?"
"Well, that small plant creature is someone I want you to meet!" Sophia replies as she walks over to the table picks up Willow and turns to them and continues "This is Willow! I brought her to life with my tears!"
"This is incredible! And she is adorable." Peridot happily exclaims. Then Willow makes a small noise "Oh! Willow says thank you Peridot." then Sophia says with a smile. "You can understand her?" Peridot asks. "Yeah!" Sophia answers.
"I've never seen anything like this! Not even with Steven! Sophia you are amazing!" Peridot say in the most sincere tone imaginable as she hugs Sophia. "Thanks Peridot." Sophia says returning the hug.