Chapter 15

Astrid's eyes gently fluttered open as she slowly sits up and notices her sleeping brother on her right side and Sophia who was also sleeping on her left. She also notices that lion isn't there anymore. There was also a soft blanket covering the three of them that she doesn't remember being there before. She looks around the room and her eyes start tearing up as she remembers the events of the night before. Astrid quickly wipes away her tears she didn't want anyone to see her like this.
"It's going to be alright." Lion calmly says as he sits in front of the couch.
"Thanks Lion." She replies as she pets the pink beast's head as he lays down in front of the couch.
After a moment she was wrapped in a hug from her brother.
"You okay?" Zane asks.
"I'm as good as anyone who found out she's not supposed to exist." Astrid Answers with a nervous laugh.
"Astrid I-." Zane tries to say before Astrid cuts him off while trying to change the subject by asking "The more important question is; Are you okay?"

"I guess...Like I'm happy that we got out of that sorry excuse for a home. And that we're away from Aquamarine and Eyeball. We're finally safe. But at the same time that's where we grew up. I mean we're still kids....you know what Im trying to say. But It just feels weird you know?" Zane answers.
"Are you two alright?" A voice from behind them asks. The twins turn to see that it's Connie standing where the kitchen meets the living room.
"Uh...yeah. Sorry if we woke you up." Zane answers softly.
"Don't be sorry. We've been up for a little bit. Do you two want to have some breakfast?" Connie replies.
The twins nod as they get up and walk into the kitchen and they see Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl, And Lars sitting at the table while Steven was standing at the counter making waffles.
Astrid locked eyes with Pearl and then almost immediately looks at the floor feeling tears forming in her eyes.
'She looks so much like mom. Ugh, she's been gone for five years! Why is this so hard? Astrid pull it together!' Astrid thought to herself as she takes Zane's hand. 'It's okay to feel that way Astrid. I feel that same. Remember I'm always here for you sis.' Zane tells his sister using his mind powers. 'Thanks bro' Astrid responds as
the twins sit in between Amethyst and Lars still feeling awkward about the situation.
"We are so sorry for everything that happened. Bluebird said that Sophia wouldn't be hurt." Zane starts immediately apologizing.
"Zane, Astrid. There's no need for you to be sorry about anything." Steven and Connie reply.

"What are you talking about we helped kidnap your daughter! How you guys just chill about that?" Astrid frustratedly asked.
"Because actions speak louder than words." Steven responds as the twins look back at him with confusion.
"What I'm trying to say is that the two of you were in a horrible situation and were forced to do things you didn't want to. You could have done nothing but instead you stood against the only family you've ever known to help your friend who was in trouble. And we know that must have been extremely difficult." Steven clarifies before placing their breakfast on the table in front of them.
"Thank you." The twins reply.
"we want you to know that if you ever want to talk about what happened we are here if you want to talk about it." Connie says.

"You'd really to do that for us?" Zane asks.
"Of course. And we understand that some of what you've been through is hard to talk about but we're here for you two. All of us are." Steven answers
................................................................................
Meanwhile in the living room Sophia wakes up with a mind splitting headache. She sits up while she unconsciously rubs the big bruise on her temple that was left from whatever Bluebird hit her with. She hears voices in the kitchen and is reminded of the events of the past couple of days and thoughts and feelings start to swirl around in her mind.
"Sophia...Mama...Are you okay?" Willow asked from the top Lions head. "Mhm.." She responds as she gets up from the couch.

When she enters the kitchen her parents, Pearl, and Garnet were talking about something but she couldn't really hear what they were talking about because she was exhausted both mentally and emotionally.
She sits between Astrid & Lars and stares at her hands on the table now fully zone out . "Sophia are you alright?" Steven asks with no response from his daughter.
"Sophia!" Steven says raising his voice a little to get attention his daughter's attention.