Chapter 9: Slugs

Flint held Draco and me back after the rest of the team had left to give us our new Slytherin uniforms, tapping them with wand, causing their names to appear on the back.

"Congratulations (Y/n)!" Luna said to me as I walked off the pitch, my new uniform sling over my shoulder, and new broom in my hands.

"Thanks Luna! It really helped me a lot to have you there cheering me on." I said to her with a smile, which she returned.

"It was really quite something." She told me. "When's your first practice?"

"Tomorrow morning." I told her, Flint had told us before we left.

"Goodluck!" Luna told me with a smile.

I ended up spending most of the day talking with Luna, I still couldn't believe I had made the team, it was almost surreal.

I barley slept that night out of excitement, and when I did eventually drift off to sleep it was almost time for me to wake up anyway.

I got dressed quickly, pulling in my new green and silver uniform, and slinging my new broom  over my shoulder as I made my way up through the castle and out onto the grounds.

I met Flint and the rest of the team heading over towards the pitch. "Hurry up Weasley." Flint called to me as I rushed towards them, catching a glimpse of red flying over the pitch already.

"Looks like the Gryffindor's are already here Flint." Bletchley noted as we got closer. Flint just grinned at this.

Wood shot toward the ground, landing rather hard and staggering slightly as he dismounted, with Harry, Fred, and George followed.

"Flint!" Wood bellowed at the Slytherin Captain. "This is our practice time! We got up specially! You can clear off now!"

Flint replied still grinning "Plenty of room for all of us, Wood."

Angelina, Alicia, and Katie had come over, too.
"But I booked the field!" said Wood, positively spitting with rage. "I booked it!"

"Ah," said Flint. "But I've got a specially signed note here from Professor Snape. 'I, Professor S. Snape, give the Slytherin team permission to practice today on the Quidditch field owing to the need to train their new Seeker and Chaser'. "

"You've got new members?" said Wood, distracted. "Where?"

That was mine and Draco's cue to walk out from behind the rest of the team.

"Well at least you'll have one good player now." George said looking at me with a grin.

"Aren't you Lucius Malfoy's son?" said Fred, looking at Malfoy with dislike.

"Funny you should mention Draco's father," said Flint as the rest Slytherin team smiled still more broadly. "Let me show you the generous gift he's made to the Slytherin team."

The rest of the team held out their broomsticks, although I kept mine sling over my shoulder, I didn't really think it mattered what broom you had, it mattered more how well you flew it.

"Very latest model. Only came out last month," said Flint carelessly, flicking a speck of dust from the end of his own. "I believe it outstrips the old Two Thousand series by a considerable amount. As for the old Cleansweeps" — he smiled nastily at Fred and George, who were both clutching Cleansweep Fives —" sweeps the board with them."

None of the Gryffindor team could think of anything to say for a moment. Malfoy was smirking so broadly his cold eyes were reduced to slits.

"Oh, look," said Flint. "A field invasion."