Chapter 13: Dueling Club

I woke up on Sunday morning and got dressed quickly before heading to breakfast, before pausing for a second.

I had just gotten the strangest feeling, as though I should take the diary with me. No, as if I needed to take the diary with me. It felt like some part of me was yearning for the diary, as though it was connected to it in some way.

After I had slipped the diary into my bag I rushed out of the dungeons and up to the Great Hall. It was still fairly early although the Great Hall was already packed. Unable to see Ron or Hermione I instead found myself walking towards the Ravenclaw table, a few people giving me an annoyed look, but I just ignored them.

"Hi Luna." I said taking a seat next to the blond girl, at the very end of the table.

"Oh hello (Y/n), that was some good flying yesterday, shame about the results though." She told me as she poured orange juice over her eggs.

"Thanks Luna." I said, and we chatted for a while, before leaving the Hall together, and chatting for a while.

"Did you hear about that first year boy?" Luna asked me as we walked around the halls.

"Hmm which one?" I asked her not knowing what she was talking about.

"That Gryffindor one, Colin something. Apparently he was petrified last night." She told me.

"Petrified? Is he okay?" I asked her concerned.

She shrugged. "I just hope it's not a Hyngling Fryngler."

I just nodded. To be honest I had no idea what a Hyngling Fryngler was. "Sorry Luna but I've got to run." I said as we pasted the corridor where Myrtle's bathroom was. "It was good to talk with you."

"See you soon (Y/n)." Luna said, as she gave me a hug before continuing down the hall. I waited till she was out of sight, before quickly ducking into Myrtle's bathroom.

"We've decided this is the safest place to hide it." I heard Ron's voice say from one of the stalls.

"Safest place to hide what Ronald?" I called out in my best impression of Percy.

I heard Ron yelp suddenly from the door, before there was a fumbling with the lock of the stall.

"Do I have to write to mum?" I called out, there's was another yelp from Ron and then some muttering between Ron, Harry and Hermione.

"I will give you till the count of three Ronald. One. Two-"

"Percy look this is important, please just go away." Ron pleased through the door.

"Only joking mate it's just me." I said normally, pushing on the stall door.

"You jerk. Anyway look the sooner we get a confession out of Malfoy, the better," snarled Ron. "D'you know what I think? He was in such a foul temper after the Quidditch match, he took it out on Colin."

"There's something else," said Harry, watching Hermione tearing bundles of knotgrass and throwing them into the potion. "Dobby came to visit me in the middle of the night."

Ron, Hermione, and I looked at Harry as he told us everything Dobby had told him — or hadn't told him. We listened with our mouths open.

"The Chamber of Secrets has been opened before?" Hermione said.

"This settles it," said Ron in a triumphant voice. "Lucius Malfoy must've opened the Chamber when he was at school here and now he's told dear old Draco how to do it. It's obvious. Wish Dobby'd told you what kind of monster's in there, though. I want to know how come nobody's noticed it sneaking around the school."