Chapter 2

Word Count: 1149 words

"I saw him."

SEOYEON'S POV

Jeongin furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "What? Hyunjin, who did you see?" Hyunjin was shaking horribly. I walked over to where he was curled up and sat next to him. I put one hand on his back and rubbed it slowly, and the other hand on his. I squeezed his hand to get him to look up.

"Hyunjin, what happened?" I questioned him as his eyes found their way to mine. Jeongin started to walk over, followed by Chan and Felix. "Hyunjin?" I said his name, causing him to jump.

"Jinnie? What happened?" Worry was evident in Felix's voice as he sat on the other side of him. Hyunjin turned to Felix and buried his face into the crook of Felix's neck. Felix looked up to Chan and Jeongin. His eyes were watering.

"I-I saw him." Hyunjin repeated, his voice muffled from Felix's neck. I looked up at Jeongin, who had the same confused look he had the first time Hyunjin said that.

"Hyunjin. Who." Jeongin demanded as he walked closer to the bed. Hyunjin lifted his head from Felix's neck and looked at Jeongin with fearful eyes.

"Seungmin."

That name completely broke Jeongin. He fell to the floor with a loud thud and sobbed. His cries were so loud that I'm sure the entire neighborhood could hear him. I jumped off the bed and engulfed him in a hug. "Shh, it's okay baby. I'm here." I cooed as he buried his face deep into my neck. The rest of the boys found themselves standing in the doorway in shock at the scene in front of them: Hyunjin sobbing into a horrified Felix, Jeongin on the floor with his girlfriend hugging him tightly, and Chan just standing in pure horror.

"What the hell?" Minho finally spoke as he pushed his way to Chan. Felix looked at Minho with his glossy eyes.

"H-Hyunjin said that Se-Seungmin Hyung was here..." Felix quietly spoke as his head dropped.

Minho paused before saying anything. Jisung and Changbin let out a gasp as they ran into the room.

"Are you fucking crazy?! He's dead. He died. He can't be here." Changbin spoke sharply. Tears formed in his eyes as Jisung placed his hand on Changbin's shoulder, which he immediately pushed off.

"H-Hyung... I saw him. I swear! He was standing in front of my bed and talked to me!" Hyunjin tried hard to get his fellow friends to believe him, but none of them did.

"Dude. You know how hard his death was for Jeongin. Why the fuck would you ever say that?" Chan snapped. Everything went quiet except Jeongin's sobs. Hyunjin broke down once more.

"Why do you think I screamed? Why do you think I was curled up in a ball shaking? Why do you think I've been crying?" Hyunjin yelled in reply shocking everyone. It was one thing for Chan to yell, but for Hyunjin to yell? No one in that room ever heard him yell in anger. It was only ever a joke when Hyunjin did. Chan stepped back as he stared at the younger. Hyunjin returned the stare with his eyes fuming in rage. "Leave."

"Hyunjin..." Chan started before he was cut off.

"Leave. All of you." Hyunjin shoved Felix off of him and threw his blanket over his head. I looked up at Felix, who was now standing in utter shock. Jisung dragged Changbin and Minho out of the room, and Chan did the same with Felix. I lifted Jeongin's head and looked into his tear-filled eyes.

"Baby..." I started to coo him again before he pulled me closer and buried his face into the crook of my neck. My shirt was drenched with tears, and my face was full of sympathy and confusion. I tried nudging Jeongin off of me, but he refused. "Baby, please, let's go. Hyunjin needs his space, and you need to calm down." I lifted his face again and let out a smile as I wiped his tears away. He nodded and stood up and grabbed my hand. I squeezed it as he led me out of the room. But before leaving, he stopped and turned to look at Hyunjin. His face was full of anger and sadness. I nudged him, and he finally started walking again. Once we got to his room he plopped on his bed and tightly hugged his pillow. I quietly shut the door and locked it. 

"Can you tell me what happened?"

Jeongin looked up at me with puffy red eyes and sighed. "Seungmin was my best friend. Probably the most like a brother to me than the others." I sat down next to him and started to rub his back.

"One day, he just disappeared. He was sick and the rest of us went out to see a movie. When we got home, he was gone. He wasn't in our room where we left him. He wasn't anywhere in the house." Jeongin started to cry again. "Felix and I were panicking while the rest of the boys went outside to try and find him. They found his sweatshirt hung on a tree with blood splattered all over it. They kept looking but never found him." I gasped. The poor boy. Jeongin took a deep breath before continuing.

"I grew tired from crying, so I went to my room to sleep. There I found a paper folded on his bed that wasn't there before. It read, 'I'm sorry, Jeongin. I wish that it didn't happen like this.'. Of course, I was confused, so I went downstairs to find the rest of the boys. They were crowded in the living area holding Hyunjin, who was shaking. Apparently, he found Seungmin's body, but no one believed him. He took them to the body, but it wasn't there. Everyone assumed he was imagining things because of what was happening."

"When I showed the note the room got filled with confusion and worry. Some of the boys started to believe Hyunjin while the others assumed I was pranking them. A few weeks later, the police confirmed he was dead because he wasn't exactly missing. He was assumed to be killed by some wild animal because that was the only thing that made sense. But there were no animals near our home. But, for the best, we just declared him dead too." At this point, I was crying. I felt so bad for all the boys, especially Jeongin and Hyunjin. I quickly tugged Jeongin into a hug which caused him to break down again.

After almost an hour later, Jeongin fell asleep from crying. He had been complaining about his head hurting so I forced him to relax. I was laying on his bed and he was laying on top of me. His arms were wrapped tightly around my waist and his head rested on my chest. Eventually, I could feel myself falling into a deep slumber.

I don't really like how this chapter was written but oh well:)