Chapter 3

Word Count: 1912 words

Eventually, I could feel myself falling into a deep slumber.

It was probably around midnight when I heard a knock at the door. I rubbed my eyes and attempted to get out of bed, forgetting Jeongin was lying on me.

"Baby, wake up. Someone's at the door."

"Mmm~" He wasn't waking up anytime soon. I very carefully pushed him off of me and stumbled up. Someone knocked again.

"One second.." I mumbled as I walked over to the door. Who the hell is knocking at this hour? I unlocked the door and peeked through the crack. I saw a boy standing looking down at the floor. He was fairly tall, had light brown hair, and wore a light-colored blue sweater and jeans. "Can I help you?" I whispered, hoping it was loud enough for him to hear. The boy thankfully looked up and spoke.

"Uh... Who are you?" The boy questioned. I sighed and opened the door fully. He was really pretty. He looked a lot like a puppy which made me smile.

"I'm Jeongin's girlfriend, Seoyeon. And you are?"

"I'm Seungmin! Jeongin's best friend!" He smiled at me. It took me a moment to realize what the boy said. He's dead.

"But... You're dead." I stared in disbelief at what stood in the doorway. He sighed.

"Yes yes, I know. And now you're probably thinking how I'm here right now?" Seungmin asked with a hint of irritation in his voice. I nodded very slowly in response.

"Well, yes I am dead. And yes I'm visible right now. I don't know how or why this is happening, but earlier today I was watching over Hyunjin when suddenly, I just appeared to him. I didn't realize it right away until he looked up at me and screamed. I tried to shut him up but he wouldn't until I tried to cover his mouth and my hand went through his face. It was scary as hell." I let out a gasp and then immediately covered my mouth realizing Jeongin was still sleeping. Seungmin stuck his head in the room and saw Jeongin. 

"How is he?"

"He's been better. He had a meltdown when Hyunjin said he saw you. I finally got him to calm down and we fell asleep." I still couldn't believe I was talking to the ghost of Seungmin. How the hell was this even possible?

"I feel horrible. I saw how badly my death took a toll on him." Seungmin looked down, his face full of sadness. I went to rub his arm in sympathy but remembered I couldn't touch him. He cleared his throat. "But thankfully, you stepped into his life and made him the happiest boy on the planet, so thank you." I smiled at his kindness, he was such a sweet boy, and I felt even worse for him. Just then, I heard some rustling from behind me. 

"Baby? Where did you go?" Shit. Jeongin had woken up and he was sitting up.

"I'm right here don't worry. I'm going back to bed in a minute so lay back down." I looked behind me and saw him standing up. Shit. He better not notice Seungmin.

"Who's that? Oh my god." Jeongin started before dropping his jaw. He saw his best friend standing in the doorway as I stood between the two. "I-I must be dreaming there is no way." Jeongin started rubbing his eyes as tears were falling.