Chapter 5

Word Count: 1422 Words

And with that, he dropped me down and disappeared.

Jeongin didn't help though. Did someone else in our group help kill Mingyu? Thoughts were flooding my head. The thought of Jeongin made me remember the said boy was still lying on the ground. 

"Jeongin!" I ran over to him and flipped him over so he would face me. His eyes were closed and his breathing was shallow. I shook him a few times, but it did nothing. Please, God. Don't die on me. "Jeongin! God. Please. Wake up." I clung to his body and shook him more. Still unresponsive. Suddenly, his breathing stopped. "No no no no!" I started crying again, my body was shaking. I can't touch him. I can't do anything. Disregarding my thoughts, I went to place my hands on his body, and to some miracle, it worked. I started performing CPR on him, praying it would work.

After the fourth try, Jeongin let out a gasp and crawled away from me. He started prying at his throat, the feeling of the rough hands still on his throat.

"Hey, hey, hey. Relax. He's gone. You're safe." I slowly went over to Jeongin trying not to spook him even more. Eventually, he calmed himself and crawled toward me. I pulled him into a hug which caused yet another gasp at the sudden contact. Jeongin melted into the hug, sobbing uncontrollably. 

"H-how?" He stifled through sobs and looked at me.

"I-I don't know." I replied, pulling him back into the hug. He stuffed his face into the crook of my neck while I ran my fingers through his hair. We stayed there for a few minutes before I remember what Mingyu told me. "We have to go back to everyone." Jeongin nodded and stood up. His legs were shaking so I grabbed his hand as a form of support.

Seoyeon's POV

After pacing around for about twenty minutes, Seungmin appeared from the dark entrance of the woods, Jeongin following from behind. The poor boy looked scared out of his mind. There were dark bruising around his neck and what looked like charr covering his clothing. Seungmin looked even more shaken up and like he was crying. He also looked extremely pissed.

"Jeongin! Oh my god! You're okay!" I ran into his arms and cried. He began crying and tightened his grip on my waist. Everyone was seen either crying from joy or smiling in relief. Jeongin was the first to pull out of the hug.

"Seungmin. Tell them." Jeongin's expression suddenly turned grim as he grabbed my hand. Said boy sighed before speaking.

"The so-called creature is actually my... our best friend from middle school." Seungmin turned to Jeongin as he nodded for him to continue. "He was murdered by a group of Jeongin's friends at the end of the school year. We all assumed he moved away as his mother said and went on with our lives. Our friend, Mingyu, was watching me the entire time. He was jealous that I was best friends with Jeongin and that I moved on so quickly. So, he decided one day to kill me so I could feel how he felt. And for some odd reason, he decided to attack Seoyeon and almost kill Jeongin today." Everyone let out gasps and a couple of the boys cried. Jeongin's grip on my hand tightened.

"One of you assisted in Mingyu's killing. The thing is, that friend group meant nothing to either of us so we don't remember anyone in it. I have till tomorrow to tell Mingyu who did it. If not, you all die." Seungmin deadpanned. Various whispers were heard from the six others.