Chapter 9

Word Count: 1717 Words

He left the house like nothing ever happened and disappeared.

Seungmin and Hyunjin were sprinting. They had ran so far that they had no clue where they were.

"Mi-Minnie. Let's stop. I think we are far enough." Hyunjin spoke between breaths. Seungmin paused and turned around to see Hyunjin sitting on the pavement, huffing. He nodded and sat down next to the older.

"Where are we?" Seungmin wondered aloud. He looked around and noticed many shops and a park.  Hyunjin shrugged and went through his pockets.

"Shit. I think I left my phone at the house." Hyunjin sighed before getting up. He grabbed Seungmin and pulled him into some random store.

The bell dinged as the door opened and the two were overwhelmed with smells. The shopkeeper turned around from the counter and smiled at the two boys.

"Hi, there! How could I help you two?" Her voice was sweet.

"Could you tell us where exactly we are? We got lost." Seungmin rubbed his nape and looked down. The lady chuckled.

"You guys are right on the outskirts of Seoul!" She pointed to a map hung on her wall. Hyunjin and Seungmin exchanged surprised glances.

"O-oh. Thank you so much!" Seungmin bowed and quickly dragged Hyunjin out of the store leaving the woman speechless. Once they were out of the store, Hyunjin stopped Seungmin and pulled him back.

"Dude. What the hell?" Hyunjin stared at Seungmin, clearly annoyed.

"What?" Seungmin cocked his head slightly to the side.

"We could've asked her for a ride, or better yet a cellphone!" Hyunjin yelled. "We are literally lost. I do not want to go back to that place anytime soon."

"We have no other choice. We have to go back. You need your phone and we have to make sure everyone else is okay." Seungmin grabbed Hyunjin's hand and started walking back in the direction of their home.

In the middle of their walk, Hyunjin stopped and looked at Seungmin with teary eyes.

"We left Felix." Seungmin's heart dropped. How could we forget about him?

"Shit. Let's go!" Seungmin started running with Hyunjin right behind.

The boys were a mile away from the house when Hyunjin collapsed.

"I-I can't run anymore. My leg's killing me from when I got thrown into the wall." Hyunjin was holding his leg up and his face was full of pain.

"I'll carry you then." Seungmin grabbed Hyunjin and hoisted him onto his back.

They finally reached the house which now had an eerie feeling to it. The front door was left wide open and there was the faint smell of death lingering in the atmosphere. The two boys cautiously approached the house and entered.

"Holy shit." Seungmin whispered. Hyunjin gasped and held onto the younger's shoulder for support. There was a clear view of Jeongin's body across the floor. Blood was everywhere. Seungmin looked to the corner of the living room and saw Felix's dead body. "Shit!" Seungmin ran over to the Aussie's body and shook him. "No, no. Please. Wake up." He pleaded and pleaded but the boy didn't wake.