31: Revelation

Foals – Moon

Beautiful song...

___________________________________________________

John wasn't a crying man. 

He didn't cry. 

The last time he shed a tear was 1898 at his family's funeral. Ever since then, well, he hasn't really needed to cry.

But as Michael snatched his phone away from him and listened to that sneaky son of a bitch Lewis and Mike negotiate, he'd never wanted to break down more. He was furious, worried, and completely broken. 

What if Amy was hurt? His Amy. His life. His reason to love again. He didn't have any reason to be here without her. She owned his heart.

He'd rip that man's head off. Clean off. 

Pam laid a hand on his shoulder but he shook her away.

"Don't lock us out, Jonathan." Pamela mumbled beside him.

"John-" Ana started but he didn't listen. 

He grabbed the phone back off Michael and said, "When I get there, I will kill you. I will pierce your heart with one of your pitifully numbered stakes you cruel bastard."

There was silence over the line before the hunter replied, "Not before I do." And then he hung up.

For a few moments he stood there, shaking, flaring his nostrils, controlling his anger, swallowing the fear lodged within his throat only for it to resurface...

All around him, there were voices of panic and voices of reason. Everyone was here...

Micah's parents were upstairs with that damn child. They'd escorted her to Anastasia's and she came readily. Micah was currently standing in front of a table with a map of the area mumbling some sort of spell to find Amy. Kate was standing beside him doing the same. Samuel was touching something of Amy's. His ability to see every detail of someone's life not helping at all.

Nick, Pam and Mike were talking and Evie was standing in the corner of the room, the back of her hand wiping her eyes and her other hand fiddling with her phone.

But John couldn't do anything but stand there. Nothing was getting done. No one was doing anything... Helpful.

Lewis wanted them, all of the vampires, there - wherever there was. He wanted to kill them all. Which wasn't a shock. But what was a shock was the fact that if they didn't turn up he would do something... something else to her. 

She must be hurt. He said something else. 

God, no one was doing anything!

John advanced toward the hallway, everyone forgotten, until someone grabbed his arm.

"Where are you going?"

"Where do you damn well think I'm going?" He spoke.

The room fell silent behind him and Pam's hand tightened around his forearm. "You can't be stupid right now-"

"Yes, I can. And I will. Because no one is doing anything useful-"

"We won't get anywhere if you disappear and try to find her now."

The frustration of waiting was getting to him. They were right but minutes were passing and he couldn't stand the thought that Amy could be out there in pain or... He couldn't think the worst.