9: Sleeping Alone

I listened to the song at the side whilst I wrote most of this chapter <3 The beginning is SPELLBINDING

 Mystery Jets - Radlands

___________________

She tossed and turned that night. She couldn't help it.

All she could imagine was John's large body pressed up behind her, his hand on her hip as he tried to reach for the basketball and when he showed her how to shoot. It was amazing how large his hand really was. She knew they were large but his whole hand had curved and squeezed her entire side.

Instead of her pushing away from him like she had done in the gym, she slapped his hand away, dropped the ball, spun around and kissed him hard. She didn't have the gall to do that in reality.

The court disintegrated into Walmart, the cafe and then Michael's kitchen where John had her pressed against the counter. Of course he was whispering unintelligible things into her ear that had her shaking with need. Of course his mouth devoured hers, their tongues wrestling for sweet dominance as his hands gripped and tightened like vices onto her waist. 

And of course, at that moment, she chose to wake up with a shaken gasp and a groan. 

What is wrong with me?

Never has her dreams been as bad as that! 

She crossed her legs and pressed a palm to her forehead. 

"What the hell is going on?" She mumbled to herself. All she could smell was him. It was almost like he had rolled across her pillow and bed and left. Her eyes darted to her dress on top of her wash basket and scowled at it. Surely it couldn't- 

Amy jumped when her phone vibrated. She glanced at the crack in the curtain noting the barely risen sun and frowned.

"Hello?" She croaked.

"Morning starshine; ready for our jog?" Harri said in spritely voice.

"What? No," She looked at the clock on her bedside and groaned once again but for a completely different reason. "I didn't realise I'd slept past my alarm, are you at the corner?"

"Um, yeah! Put your gear on quickly."

"Alright, give me fifteen minutes."

As she washed her face and dressed, she started to reminisce on the way she felt about John a month ago. So he wasn't as bad as she thought he was, unfortunately. She was hoping his arrogant ways wasn't an act so she had reason to hate him. Now, she seems to be running out of reasons to. Especially with the ways he looked at her. She wasn't an idiot; the heat within his gaze could be distinguished by a thermometer. And playing that game with him yesterday didn't help either of them.

She put on her sports bra, spandex bicycle shorts and slipped on her sneakers. 

Avoiding him was easier said than done. Her best friend's boyfriend was friends with him for crying out loud. She tied her hair into a messy bun and walked out into the chilly Saturday morning air. She inhaled deeply, casting out her dream, John and any other negative or sexual thoughts about him.

Harriet was waiting patiently on the corner of her road with her iPod in her hand flicking through a playlist. 

"Trouble sleeping?" She asked as Amy drew closer.

"What an understatement." Amy rubbed a hand over her eyes and started jogging.

Harri joined her almost immediately. "Tell me about it, my husband's been keeping me up at night and it's not even what you think. He comes in from work and bam, more work. The last time we had sex was when we were in Toronto in July."