So Annoying (Esperastra/Spoonstra)

Esperanza Cruz/Spooner x Astra Logue

Takes place while after the events of 7x04 Astra, Spooner, and Gideon are trying to find the other Legends

"Gideon's asleep" I heard Spooner say as she walked into the room.

"Thank God for that" I muttered

"Hey come on don't be mean."

I smirked at her "Have you met me I'm always mean"

"Yeah sure" she laughed.

I smiled at her. She was cute when she laughed. I've known for a bit that I thought of Spooner as more than a friend. I wanted to be with her. But this shocked me. I've never felt this way for anyone. I mean I've been attracted to people, sure. But that was just sexual. Like it was with Behrad. I didn't like him emotionally in that way, but I was attracted. With Spooner nothing was sexual. It was pure emotion. And if I'm honest that scared me. I wanted to be with her and I've never felt that way about anyone. I was taught to avoid connections like that at all cost, growing up in hell and all. Yet here I was. With a stupid crush on my annoying best friend. I wanted to tell her. I planned on telling her after we had our conversation about Gideon but then Gideon just had to go and get herself electrocuted.

"Astra!" I heard Spooner exclaim, breaking me from my thoughts. I hummed in reply. "I asked what you were thinking about?"

"Oh, just you know the mission" I replied dismissively

"Yeah Okay I believe that" she snorted sarcastically.

"Shut up." I groaned, a smirk on my face. My god this girl was going to be the death of me. She started laughing. Her laugh was incredible. It caused a smile to spread across my face. She then came and sat down right next to me, our legs practically touching. My thoughts started racing. She was so close I could smell her. She was absolutely gorgeous to me. And her being next to me made me nervous. I wanted to reach out and grab her hand. I wanted to place my arm around her shoulders and hold her close. I wanted to fall asleep with her in my arms. I wanted....

Spooner's hand on my arm broke me from my thoughts "Astra" she said with a laugh. Her hand caused a bolt to go through me. She was barely touching me and yet I still felt a rush of nervous giddiness taking control.

"Yeah?" I responded. Damn my voice sounds shaky. Could she hear? She probably could. This is bad. This is really, really bad. This is probably worse than hell.

"What's up? You seem like you're worlds away right now. You know you can tell me anything right." She said

My stomach did backflips. I felt a mix of my feelings for her and worry she was finding out. Wait, I had to respond. I'm probably taking too long. Damn. "Yeah no I know. It's just.." I sighed "It's...It's nothing."

Spooner sighed and moved closer. I felt nerves fly through my body. Her face was inches away from mine. I felt her hand grab mine. My stomach was flipping again. Oh Damn I hate this. I hate this. I hate this. I never feel this nervous. This isn't me. I'm not supposed to feel this. Damn it. I can't feel this not for anyone. Not for her.This is definitely worse than hell. "Astra, please just tell me. You can trust me. I'm here for you. You were here for me with my mom let me be here for you with... whatever this is" she practically begged.

"It's YOU okay Spooner!" I yelled. She didn't pull away and just held my hand tighter. I was searching for words and looking down tears threatening to spill. I was so nervous. What if she doesn't like me? She probably doesn't. I mean why would she. I'm so mean and cold and calculating. Then I looked up and saw a smirk on her face. It suddenly dawned on me. She started laughing. "You jerk! You knew what I was feeling! This entire time didn't you?"

"Yep" she said while laughing like crazy, "I love my powers now" she added sarcastically through her laughter.

"You're terrible" I said as I pushed her gently. She was so annoying. So annoying. I thought with an eye roll but then I started laughing too. She fell off the couch from a mix of my push and her laughter which caused the two of us to laugh harder. My god I'm in love with an idiot. I couldn't stop laughing and neither could she. She was perfect. I probably was laughing more in that moment than I did over the span of my entire life.

Gideon then walked into the room. "Are you okay? I heard a crash."

"Yeah Gideon, we're fine," Spooner laughed. Causing me to smile.

"We're perfect Gideon." I responded with a dopey smile on my face.

"Oh. Well we should probably get going. By my calculations we will be much too late to save the Legends at this rate." Gideon said.

"Yeah okay." Spooner said and we both got up. I didn't notice her get closer to me until her hand was around my arm. It sent butterflies lurching through my stomach. Spooner let out a small laugh.

"I hate you." I muttered under my breath so Gideon couldn't hear.

"That's certainly not what you feel." Spooner muttered back with a small laugh. I let out a small sigh. "It's okay. I like you too" she responded before letting go of me and picking up her pace so she was next to Gideon instead. I felt a small laugh leave my lips as I rolled my eyes. God I loved her even though she was so completely annoying.