My Utensil(Esperastra/Spoonstra)

Esperanza/Spooner Cruz x Astra Logue

Takes place after events of 7x04 during 7x05 where Spooner and Astra are looking for the other Legends with Gideon

I was getting so bored trying to look for the Legends and by how Astra was acting I could tell she was getting bored too. She was getting more and more annoyed by Gideon. I kept trying to be the buffer but I was starting to get annoyed too. I needed a distraction. As I was thinking I heard Astra yell something at Gideon vaguely. I looked over and Gideon was not really reacting and Astra looked annoyed. She was really pretty even when annoyed. I knew I had a small crush on her at this point and it shocked me. I never really had a big crush like this. I did really like Astra though. "Spooner!" Astra yelled, breaking me from my trance.

"What is it Astra" I groaned annoyed

"What were you thinking about that's so important while we were doing the work and trying to find the Legends." Astra asked in her normal annoyed tone sarcasm dripping from her words.

"Just some past missions"

"Now is not the time to be sentimental Spooner! Weren't you the one telling us we needed to hurry?"

"Yeah I know we need to hurry! But there's nothing we can do here!"

"Spooner is right at this rate we will not reach the Legends until they are too late." Gideon chimes in.

"Oh that's fantastic!" Astra yelled her normal sarcasm dripping from her voice.

"Okay it's fine. Maybe we could try to hitchhike" I added.

"Taking a car could work" Gideon said

"Good let's go now." Astra ordered

We went over to the road to try to hitchhike. There were a few more snappy annoyance fueled encounters. I mean it's what everyone would expect with me and Astra together. We both tend to be pretty hot headed I thought back on moments of us fondly. Then my mind went back to when we first met. She turned me into a fork. I let out a small laugh at the memory before I realized what I was doing and where we were. "What are you laughing at?" Astra asked, turning to me, clearly annoyed at our predicament.

"Just thinking about the time you and I met" I said

Astra surprised me and laughed a bit "Yeah I turned you into a fork." She smiled, a genuine smile, for the first time since we lost the Legends.

"Yeah.." I said "I didn't trust you for a while after that."

"Yeah I remember."

"Then again I didn't really trust any of the Legends fully."

"I didn't either, you know when you grow up in hell you don't trust people easily."

"Yeah I learned not to fully trust people pretty early too. If I'm being honest you're still the only one I fully trust."

"Likewise." She added with a small smile. It sounded just like when we were on the murder mystery game and made me smile.

"But I mean when we meant I still helped you break out of John's attic."

"Yeah you did. You were still pretty wild and somewhat aggressive as a fork." She added. "I liked when you threatened to fork the neighbors eyes out"

"Yeah and I would've too! If you didn't put me into a cabinet."

"Oh yeah I don't doubt that for a second." We both laughed together. I mean yeah I hated being turned into a fork, but now the memory is kind of funny. I could tell Astra thought so too. That's when I noticed Gideon was being oddly quiet. I didn't tell her to play the quiet game. So I turned to her to see her watching Astra and I.

"Hey Gideon." I said a bit confused

"Hello Spooner Cruz."

"What are you doing?" I asked

"I am simply observing the two of you"

"Well that's new" Astra said with a small laugh

"Yeah, are you okay?" I asked

"Yes. This is what makes life worth it."

"Oh." I responded. I knew that meant Gideon saw us as family and that this moment was a good memory for her. I smiled at her. I turned and saw Astra smiling too.

Then Astra started laughing. She quickly said "Sorry I was just remembering you as a fork." She started laughing harder.

I felt myself laughing too. "It... honestly was pretty funny" I found myself admitting.

"Ohhhhh Spooner Cruz did you just admit that..." She started.

"Shut it Astra Logue" I added, matching her energy with ease.

We both continued laughing with each other and Gideon even started laughing with us. "It's kinda ironic how you turned me into a fork before even knowing my name was Spooner."

"Yeah. I guess I just sort of... knew? If that makes sense." Astra said with a sigh. "Or maybe you just have off utensil vibes" she added with a smile as she leaned towards me a bit.

"Yeah." I laughed, "Maybe to you." I added.

"Maybe. I guess that makes you my utensil then."

"Yeah I guess it does." I added with a smile. She called me hers and that made me feel warm inside. God I was falling for this girl. The thought of us together made me laugh harder. The girl from hell and the girl who was abducted by aliens from 1925 Texas. Then I realized that besides that we actually have a lot in common. We really are good for each other.

"We should probably focus on getting back to the Legends now" Astra said a bit solemnly.

"Yeah probably." I added

"Too bad we have to be on time to save them. It was pretty fun with just the three of us."

"Yeah it was." I added before we went back to work trying to find the Legends.