Prologue

Third Person

"Let's welcome, our new Mayor, Mayora Leayla Arwell Galvez!" Applauds of adornment roared as the deafening sound filled the house of the said name.

Her eyes sparkled seeing the backyard of her 3 story mansion full of people. Everywhere she turns her head, Lea would sight smiling faces or laughing mouths. And it made her heart flutter.

Life without anyone is sad. She grew up privileged, but never genuinely happy. 'Ecstasy' wasn't part of her vocabulary, it was something she hates experiencing because after all of those positiveness, payback is needed.

She'd never become jubilant consistently, a real smile on her face would cost much more than the fortune she owns.

Lea took the hand of the escort at the end of the staircase. He was wearing a mask and it covered half his face but his eyes catched her attention.

Although with her face in her normal repetitive one, the emcee noticed the sly smile that Lea gave him. He bowed a little, shaking, and gave her the microphone.

A moment of silence, a blow of air from her mouth and Lea confidently stood up on the stage. The camera moved and was pointed at her, directing it to other locations such as barangay courts with other people watching from big screens connected from the live/video provider.

"You would defeat and had defeated a lot of challenges so don't let the future ones defeat
you. 'Magandang gabi po. Salamat po dahil inallow niyo po 'yung aking invitation para po sa party na ito. " The crowd's attention was acquired with how Lea started her speech. The way every word peculiarly comes out of her mouth. She was definitely something different.

"Life is hard, there are times na we'd think na hindi na natin kaya. There are also times na we'd say -'ayoko na, I'm pagod na. ' But then, bukas comes, then another bukas, and another bukas. Hindi po natin na-no-notice that mas nagiging okay tayo. Na... yung mga preconceived thoughts natin, nawawala na lang kasi na-overcome na po natin ito. Before I was able to stand here bilang mayor po nang ating municipality, marami po'ng battles and hardship akong naharap. Hindi po kasi easy ang buhay, hurdles occur at ito po ay inevitable. Wala na po yung surname ko na dala, kalimutan na po natin, hindi na po ito important sa'akin dahil as your new mayor, I know that there's more than being a Galvez, ang magawa ko po ang duties ko katulad po ng naging oath - " She stopped when she saw her manager/secretary mouthing 'stop being conyo.'

Lea chuckled and took the mic in front of her mouth again. "-I'm sorry po sa way ng pag-talk ko, medyo hirap pa po kasi ako sa straight Tagalog but rest assured po na mas gagawin ko po ang best ko para mas aralin ito." People laughed at her, saying it's fine.

"Salamat po, tuloy ko na po. So ayun nga po, kampante po kayo na I'll do po lahat ng aking makaya para po ma-help at maging mas maganda po ito'ng ating city. Wala po'ng mataas at mababa sa'atin, lahat po tayo ay equal. Wala po dapat mas higher kasi lahat po tayo ay mamay-mayamayan ng bansa natin. May kaya man po or nahihirapan po, lahat po tayo ay equal sa eyes ni God, kaya sino po kami para po i-judge without contemplating sino ang may kailangan nang hel -tulong at hindi? Muli po, ako po si Leayla Arwell, ang inyo po'ng bagong Mayora. Maraming salamat po ulit at Magandang Gabi. Enjoy po tayo!" She finished her statement with a bow, raising a wine cup and waved to them.

Once again, people's hand started slapping together as they welcomed a new person who they chose to believe that she can raise a better government with its people cooperating and working together in eagerness not only to make their city better - but other ones too as well as the whole country.

It was different, yeah she's rich, but they could feel her genuine intentions. Even from the start of the campaign, Leayla had always gotten the people's attention, in a way she's not forcing them.

Perhaps it's the way she talks? How she delivers her speech? How she's comfortable with them and speaks naturally? Albeit, whatever it is that made almost half of their city's voter go for her, they know (pray) that this time, Muntinlupa will face tomorrow full of hope and optimism as their new chosen leader show them the importance of being one as a nation with a patriot woman heading their way towards... emancipation.

End.

July 4, 2022.

For reference (some parts of it can be inaccurate), you can check out the YouTube video I linked just to imagine Lea's house. Credits to Presello!