Chapter 13

Exhausted

Wrapped in a comforter, shivering but sweaty. Her feet were cold. It was a freezing midnight. Lea woke up in thirst as she felt her lips chapped. In compulsion to stand, Lea stepped her foot, but as she was trying to lift her self, she suddenly fell over her bed.

She was bewildered - and confused. What's happening?

She once tried to stand, but her body was weak, it didn't have the power to bring her up.

"Elli?" She called, turning her body to wake up the slumbering little girl. "Elliana? Wake up." Her second call and she wasn't budging.

"Elli, come on. Nanay doesn't feel good." Her voice was hoarse, she could barely say something. Good thing she did not need to repeat herself as Elli groaned and opened her eyes.

"Can you get me some water and medicine, it's in my bag." The girl immediately followed her.

It took her 5 minutes, and when she came back, she wasn't alone anymore. Aga was tracing her little steps as he entered the room with his hair bouncing puffy while wearing shorts and white t-shirt.

"What's happening? Are you okay?" He asked walking towards the bed.

"I'm fine, just a little sick." She muttered despite knowing that she was getting the worst fever she ever had.

She couldn't resist when Aga's hand landed on her forehead then on her neck. "You're scalding hot, Lea!" Her temperature was surely not normal, but the highness of it wasn't also ideally just a fever.

"We're going to bring you to the hospital -"

"No, I don't want." She pulled the comforter more, almost covering her face. The beeping of the air-conditioning then interpolated to warm the surrounding as it turned off.

"Lea -" "No, I don't want to stand." Looks like she had made her mind. "Just give me my medicine." She tried to minimize her use of words while still making it comprehensible.

"Oh. Uhh..." he looked at Elliana and took the glass of water from her. "I'll get nanay's bag po." He nodded as she waddled towards the dresser and took the red bag.

"Here." He handed it to her but she wasn't budging. "Can't sit." He then returned it to Elli as he helped her up. It pained her throat but also alleviated her suffering once the water and the tablet passed to her stomach.

She curled up and inhabited the thick clothing as she felt shivers everytime the air touches her skin.

"Nanay? Are you going to be okay po?" Elli's muffed voice interrogated as she felt the little girl's body over her, hugging her from her waist.

"I'll be fine, Elli. Please do wear a facemask, I might infect you." Unwillingly, she uncovered her face and looked at the two people on the side of the bed.

"Ags, take Elli muna, I trust you with her." Her calm voice, favoring for an action of his, seemed surreal to the man. He took one more glance at Lea then Elli who looks like she was about to pass out with her eyes dropping.

"Good night, Lea." He then bent his knees to carry Elli as he heard nothing back from the woman cocooned.

The morning after, it wasn't a surprise anymore when Lea didn't go out of her room for breakfast. Aga figured to cook for the little one first before bringing Lea a meal.

Besides the fact that he wasn't able to properly sleep the night prior having to look after the kid beside him, and the descended woman whose body has finally decided to want rest. Aga was also thinking of what they should have for the next meal and alternatively transposing from the sizzling oil and bubbling pancakes.