Chapter 10

F(l)irsts

Having a chaotic week then suddenly receiving a good news the next day was something you'd get suspicious off.

It wasn't normal. It felt as if there'd be a twist because life works like that. Everything is alternately good-bad or vice versa.

Which made Lea think: what's worst than having to get accused of hiding a family, getting your office burnt and a packed schedule?

"Zen, you're sure-sure that I don't have anything to do for more than a week?" It was the Nth time she'd asked the question. As much as Zen's very patient, especially with her boss, she couldn't help but get a little annoyed.

"Yes, ma'am. I've been checking emails and the meetings that were supposed to be done for this week was moved last week that's why last week it was hectic. Then in the city hall, not much is really happening so you just need to visit and check on it since you've finished all the paperwork due until the 7th of September." Zen stood still in her place, explaining to Lea the reason why she was suddenly liberated by her work.

"This is weird." Lea exclaimed as she pulled herself up. She can't remember the last time she was free to the point where she didn't have any work that's needed to be done.

Perhaps yes, she's very punctual when it comes to deadline and would usually finish the requirements/her work 3 to 7 days before its actual due date.

But it's always been 'done and more. ' After a stack, one more stack arrives. After a discrepancy, another one adds. It's a loop, a never ending continuation.

And having to feel the pause is more than uncanny to Lea. She knows that she's supposed to be in cloud 9, she does not need to wake up early and worry about what's the worst possible scenario that can happen, but not having anything to do is not her forte, she's not habitat to it.

"Zen?" The secretary who owned the name responded with a sound that implemented as an inquiry.

"You also deserve a rest, you've been working hard too. It's my treat, go wherever you want." Lea then handed Zen a cheque that almost gawked the latter's eyes out.

"This is too much!" Zen shoved it back to Lea, shaking her head. "It's not! Just take it!"

"Lea! No! I was just being responsible with my job, you're paying me more than enough for what I do, this is not needed!" Zen stepped back but Lea followed.

"Take it or I'll give it to other people?" Zen forcedly took the cheque, timid towards Lea.

Not that she wasn't appreciative of it, it was just too much! She could buy a hut with it. "Good. Now I'll go. See you next week." Lea then turned her head and walked away, leaving the flabbergasted Zen, tongue-tied.

"Lea! You're out of your work?" His ubiquitousness doesn't surprise Lea anymore. As the connotation says, "Like a mushroom popping out of nowhere."

Lea made a small head move to sign him that it was a 'yes' which he replied with, "That's a surprise! It's just 5:00 P.M?" He asked half-asking-half-stating.

"I'll drive for you!" The keys that Lea were stretching out to sense her car door 'open' was snatched by Aga as he opened the passenger door first.

Clueless but not bothered to ask, Lea just sat and strapped her seat belt as she reached for her phone. She opted to call Elli to ask her if she wanted anything but her nanny wasn't answering.

"Where are you taking me?" She raised her head when she noticed that the route they were using wasn't the usual one she got used to.

"I'm going to kidnap you!" His voice was whimsical as he said it. Lea rolled her eyes, "Haha! Funny! Now tell me where you're going to take me?"