Chapter 14

Challenge Accepted?

Sleeping can't be properly acquired if you're distraught. It would take minutes, even hours to be able to fall to the euphoric feeling of tranquility. With Aga's case, he was stressed thinking about the likelihood of accidentally rolling over Elli, or waking up with a damp of his skin touching Lea.

When none of that happened the next morning, with Elli not separating them in the middle anymore, him with the tiny blanket that could barely wrap his body. Aga yawned as he mentally thanked God for a new day.

He stood up, stretched and looked at the bed. His breathing stopped.

"Lea! Lea!" His voice was panicking. He shook her fervently, to the point that she was almost rolling over.

That was the worst way to be waken up, Lea sat straight up, observantly looking around the room in agitation.

"What happened? Where's Elli? Was someone hurt?" She didn't get a response, Aga was only traumatically not blinking. It was not a good joke for a morning to a person who was just recovering from her 40.0 degree celsius fever.

"I'm not in the mood -"
"Blood! Blood everywhere! Elli! She's not here!" Aga shouted as he ran towards the door to try and find the little girl when someone came out of the bathroom.

"I'm here po!" She called for his attention. Aga remained perplexed, he couldn't comprehend what was happening, why was there a lot of blood? If it wasn't from Elli, and Lea was fine, then where did it come from?

He gasped, and searched himself. He was complete! Not a hole on where it shouldn't be. He's safe, and healthy, and wasn't bleeding. So whose blood was that?

He looked at Lea, who was looking at him. She was bright red, bitting her lips.

"I-it's mine." She covered her face with her hair as she bowed down.

"Nanay! Blood! Are you okay po? Mister! Let's bring nanay to the doctor! Please! She's bleeding everywhere. Nanay! Don't die po! Don't die!" Elli jumped on the bed, hugging Lea so tight while crying.

"Shhh, shhh... I'm not dying, Elliana. Calm down, I just have my ugh - period." She whispered to the girl as she tried to console her.

"P-period?" She muttered as she hiccuped. "Yes, this is normal." She explained then turned her head to Aga.

"Buy me some pads. I didn't bring any." She commanded Aga. "Me? Why me?" He pointed to himself, bemused.

"Why? Should I send Elli out to buy?" She rhetorically questioned. "No!" He immediately replied as he hopelessly sighed.

"I-I just don't know what to buy." He admitted, scratching his nape.

"Pads, Aga. It's not rocket science, just buy pads with wings." Lea's eyes rolled, she could feel her blood rising as she couldn't help herself from being annoyed with the scenario.

She hates having her monthly visit, she doesn't seem to be like her own persona when she has it.

"Buy some methanol, too. I need it for my cramps." She added before he had gotten out. "Eat some biscuit first, Elli. Nanay will just clean this." The child immediately followed her order. Lea slapped her forehead as soon as she was left alone, what's happening to my body?

Tidy and clean, the bed was finally back to how it was the night prior. Lea threw the stained cloth in the laundry machine as she prepared food for Elli while enduring the bolting pain of blood coming from her uterus.

While snuggled in the couch, the door opened, she turned her head as her eyes widened. "Are you kidding me? I just needed two packs! Not a whole plastic bag!" Lea countered as Aga proudly smiled to her.