Chapter 16

Doomed Revelation

In each others arms, they woke up again. Clear, immaculately clear. Every sound that was created, every breathing each of them took, the look in their eyes, the phosphorescence of the light, how their hearts tumbled as their lips touched. Lea could remember every single happenings that occured the night prior. And it bugged her. How she took a huge step forward without properly thinking of it's consequence.

"What has made me into this woman? Where is she? Where's the fierce, cold, unbothered one?"

Lea couldn't help but contemplate the decision she made. Is she regretting it? Currently, no. Is she going to regret it? Hopefully, not.

Hopefully: She does not like depending on something uncertain. That's why her every move is planned, and even if it isn't, she always make sure she won't remorse.

She doesn't want that day to stall back the pain it has brought to her. It had crumbled her into millions of pieces, and took her years to remold herself into that shape. To have herself back broken and fixed once again would need help from others, and asking help is a sign of weakness to her.

"What are you thinking about?" Such a warming, soothing voice came from her husband.

"God. I have a husband? Who would've thought?"

"Work. I'll go back to work tomorrow, I wonder how long would it take again to have this kind of rest." Lea uttered as she took deep breaths.

"You woke up fine with him yesterday, why are you acting like this? Why is my heart acting like this?"

"You still have one day to enjoy yourself, stop worrying about your work muna. Tsaka, look, you're the boss of the company, taking a day or two off wouldn't cause such destruction." Aga tried consoling her bothered mind.

"You might've forgotten the  -"

"The reason I work for you is because you're a mayor of a whole city? Lea, Zen is there, the vice mayor is there, other people are there to help you. It's not only you that should do the work, although yes, their dependence on the growth of the city is in you, but your every move also have the support of the people working for you. You're not neglecting your work if you take a rest, you're just taking care of yourself." His words were comforting, but Lea has still yet to be convinced.

She's been thinking of it that way, but she can't complacent herself whenever she thinks that one bad thing might happen while she's away.

"I don't know, Aga. This, this one week vacation is already very weird to me. I wake up everyday, thinking of work, but there's no work, so what is it there to think about? And as long as my body is functioning that I can feel it, all I do is you know, the same exact routine of leading my company, and the city." Her reply made him sigh. He sat up and brushed his hair.

"Whatever makes you happy, this is your life anyway, I'll support you. Just not too much, please." Aga smiled after his sentence as Lea sat, too. He took her hand where the ring was on and kissed it.

"Good morning, wife." Unsure if Lea will take it, Aga still opened his arms, suggesting that he was into some hugs. It was almost immediately when Lea threw herself to him.

"You know, sometimes I wonder if Leayla Arwell is still the person I'm babysitting. I usually hear her saying she hates me, and she's disgusted every time I touch an atom of her. Maybe she's abducted by an alien, ano?" What he said didn't sound like a complain, it was rather in an appreciative-joking tone.

"Perhaps, hence the fact that I will kill you if you ever cheat. I don't open myself to anyone just a sudden, although I will not shed a single tear if ever you do, but faithfulness is a key to a good marriage. For a year." Lea threatened him as she smirked on her last words.