Chapter 22

Note:

The author isn't a medical expert nor close to one. Any connected scenes that may show medical care can/might be inaccurate and is only written for entertainment purposes and not to inform.

Sacrifices

With lips pale, droopy eyes, and looking unhealthy. Lea devotedly did her routine. After her work, she immediately drives back to the hospital to check on Elli's well-being.

Aga, with fret, talked to Zen and favored to always follow his wife to make sure she's okay and that she abide her doctor's prescriptions to stay healthy and avoid any health problems ever since she donated for Elli.

"PIM. You look so tired. Come, lay here, you need to rest." Aga held Lea's shoulders and sat her on the couch.

"Have you eaten? You know you shouldn't skip meals." He reminded her as he went to the mini refrigerator and pulled out a bowl of cut fruits.

"Here, I prepared this for you so you can snack on these while waiting for a real meal. Rest first, don't worry, I'm here, I'll look after Elli." He continued talking, placing the bowl on the mini table beside the sofa as he grabbed a glass of water and Lea's vitamins and medicines.

He was about to call for her again when he noticed that she's dropped asleep. He just sighed, feeling sympathetic for his wife.

She looks so tough but someone inside her is clustered, frightened to show her fragility.

It's been almost a year since they've known each other. A quarter of it, they were always fighting. He can't say he knows all of her stories, deep inside, he wants to, but even him have secrets he don't want her to know, if only he can change all of his plans.

Despite of that, he knows how much Lea is willing to sacrifice for people she love. She's not the most affectionate because she displays her love in a different way.

He sat on a small space there was on the couch, held Lea's hand while stroking it with care.

With a face so lovely. Aga knew that he never wants to cause her pain again. She's just starting to heal, he doesn't want to break her more than she already was.

"PIM... I'm so so sorry. You don't know how much I want to change everything that's going to happen. If only I can trick the universe to change who we are, I would do anything in my power." Aga softly brushed her face as he gave her a peck on the forehead.

"I love you so so much." Someone knocked on the door, wearing a mask, dressed as a nurse. With the look, he knew what it was about. That's when reality hit him, she's never going to accept me.

"Lea." The woman who owned the name opened her eyes as it fluttered in drowsiness. She lifted her head and checked the child who was sleeping on the bed.

Her neck throbbed as she massaged it and gave her attention to the person who woke her up.

"Have you gotten the result?"

She wanted to know how her body was doing after the blood donation she did. Weakness and some bruises, that's what she earned. Not only that, but she can feel the sensation of her joints swelling. Something that she hated when she was younger.

Hemophilia. A bleeding disorder where blood clots does not form properly. People with this disease bleed more or longer after an injury since they lack the clotting factor their body needs.

Because of the risk of excessive bleeding, people like Lea who have the disorder aren't eligible to donate blood. Adding the fact that they can imperile their veins and make everything worse.