Chapter 1.1: Hirata Yosuke, Controlling his Hormones

My first impression of the Ayanokouji twins would be...bafflement? I mean, when the twins came in, bantered with the teacher, handed her an apple and went to their desk, it felt like the classroom turned into a comedy scene. It was just a completely different mood than the tentative optimism and slight nervousness we held before, like they walked in with completely different expectations than us.

Well, I'm over-exaggerating. It actually wasn't that strange of an entrance, just a bit sudden.

However, what I'm not exaggerating is how attractive the twins were. If you told me they were teen models, I would've believed you. If you said you found a magazine with them on the cover, I would've believed you.

Both were very...cool. I know that's very simplistic, but that's the best I could come up with. Both were tall, slim but fit, very poker-faced and spoke in a clear, direct tone that demanded your focus.

Well, that's what I noticed, but I think everyone else was too focused on their appearances to care. Kind of like if a supermodel came up to you, their public speaking skills wouldn't be your focus.

But, well, my impression was just that: an impression. It's a bit early to make comments on them, positive or tentative. Regardless I hope I can get them to interact with the class: they did seem a little stand-off-ish (though they seemed to know Koenji-kun?).

From how plainly and intensely everyone was staring at them, I think they could be a little overwhelmed or repulsed. Sure, they were very poker-faced, but that doesn't mean they are robots, and I hope I could be a bridge if need be.

For a while now, I've barely felt anything special, and especially not romantic, when staring at anyone. I used to have a crush in my first year of middle school: I quickly forgot about her. I used to... well, do teenage boy things, but somehow I no longer feel the urge to. I don't think I even remember what my preferences are.

I can see someone and think they're attractive, like Kiyone-san, but I certaintly don't feel what Ike-kun and Yamauchi-kun do. Speaking of, I should try and get them to tone that down.

I don't like to think about it, but if this... condition? Helps me get along with my peers, than I'm all for it. And maybe I could pull the twins along as well, seeing as I won't be as influenced by their looks.

I'm getting ahead of myself. For all I know, they could end befriending the whole class the moment they show up. I suppose I'm being a little overzealous.

But I can't help it. I'm feeling hopeful about my life here. This new opportunity, this new environment where no one knows me... It's pleasant, the unexpectant stares. I am a bit perceptive about things like that, and the little detail helps drive in the pleasant reality that no one knows me.

I won't waste this chance. I'll do everything in my power for my class and classmates. I'll keep everyone happy. I may have barely known them for a day, but it doesn't matter. I'll make sure things don't turn out the same again.

This is the start of my life at Advanced Nurturing High School.

The Ayanokouji TwinsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara