Prologue 2: The Unbelievable Result

It was the start of May, the second month of the new school year, when the entire school got a shocking revelation.

Though, rather than the entire school, it was specifically the upperclassmen that was surprised. Such to the point that an entire crowd of 2nd and 3rd years had formed around the 1st year's notice board, the entire hallway being blocked by shocked students trying to take pictures of this historic event.

"...seriously?"

"What the fuck is this... How did this happen?"

"It's been a month. A MONTH. They didn't even know about the S-System."

"Wait, come to think of it, there was a 1st year that came to our class..."

"You too? One came to our class too. A pretty girl with black hair—"

"A tall guy with brown hair came to us."

"I think they said they were class D?"

"Wait, so... did they do this?"

At this moment, there was perhaps more seniors here, in the 1st year floor, than actual 1st years. All crowding around, whispering theories and brewing rumours. That was until a strong voice, unafraid of asserting itself, cut through the murmuring.

"What are you all doing?"

In an instant, everyone's focus turned from the notice board to a single man.

"I'm sure you've all taken pictures, so go talk somewhere else. You're blocking the hall and bothering the juniors."

Horikita Manabu, the Student Council President.

And all it took where those words to scatter the crowd, everyone funnelling out while messaging the unbelievable news to everyone.

"We haven't had break up a crowd like this in a while, haven't we Senpai?" Asked a cocky voice to the president's left, spoken by a smug, blond man who appeared unfazed—Nagumo Miyabi.

"I think it was mostly the president who took care of the situation." Replied a sharp, cute voice from the president's right—Tachibana Akane.

"What, you need my help for everything? I understand this council is carried on the back of my hard work, but you didn't have to make it so obvious."

"EXCUSE M—"

"Both of you, cut it out." Interrupted the older Horikita, his voice once again cutting the banter short. "Now we're being the bother. Let's leave."

He turned to leave, and the two moved to follow. But as they all walked away, they couldn't help but glance at the notice board, plastered with the oh-so unbelievable result:

MAY CLASS STANDINGS (Year 1)

CLASS D --> CLASS A         982 Points

CLASS A --> CLASS B         875 Points

CLASS B --> CLASS C         871 Points

CLASS C --> CLASS D         490 Points

Though, now that the crowd had left, it was the perfect time to take note of one thing.

All the 1st years had seen and taken note of the notice board first.

The new class A students looked at the board, cheered, then walked away merry.

The former class A and B students looked at the board, felt a slight pang, then walked away, having anticipated the result.

There was only one class that lingered.

For class D, formerly class C, they looked at the board after having been notified of the S-System just this morning. There, they saw the same result their teacher presented them, and they could only reply with the same disbelief and confusion. They could only be baffled after their teacher forced them, without notice, to move classrooms as soon as class started. Looking at this board, they could only say, feeling like they missed out on some huge event, four words:

"What the fuck happened?"