Chapter 6 (3/3): Kiryuuin Fuka, Meeting the Twins

Kiyotaka POV:

She laughs like Koenji,

That's the thought I have as Kiryuuin Fuka, the bold and brash second-year we just met, laughs unabashedly at our retelling of how we got to Class A.

"Oh, that's great. You scammed your entire year."

"A scam implies it was an unfair purchase. I think we offered a perfectly fine deal." I reply.

"And we didn't give an offer to Class C, so technically it wasn't the entire year." Adds Kiyone, the both of us arguing pointless semantics for the sake of it.

"Like that matters." She replies, smirking at us from the bench. "Also, go sit down. It's annoying having to look up to make eye contact."

"Actually, from here we have a good view of your neckline." replies Kiyone. "So I think we'll stay."

"Is that so?" She says, crossing her legs and moving her arm against the bench

"Is that so?" She says, crossing her legs and moving her arm against the bench. "Then you can stay. But you," she says, pointing at me. "Are still too tall. Go sit down."

I do so, moving to sit besides her on the bench. As she watches me come down, she doesn't remove her arm nor does she flinch. She just lets me sit next to her, curious smirk still plastered across her face.

"Come to think of it, I don't have your names." She comments, wrapping her arm around my shoulder and neck like I've seen a bunch of guy friends do with each other. "You have to be related, right?"

"Ayanokouji Kiyotaka."

"Ayanokouji Kiyone."

"As you can tell, we're twins."

"It's quite obvious. Well, Ayanokouji's, you were quite interesting, so I'm in a good mood now." She says, leaning back with her arm still around me. "So come and ask me anything. Weren't you trying to do something with the cowards earlier?"

"We were going to ask them for some advice regarding the upcoming exam." Kiyone replies, giving up her high ground to come sit on my lap. This squeezes Kiryuuin's arm between Kiyone's back and my chest, which gets a confused reaction out of her.

"...You guys do and say some weird things with the blankest expression." She says, removing her arm from my neck. "Also, you're worried about that exam? Are guys unexpectedly stupid?"

"No, we're going to have perfect scores on every exam." I say as Kiyone moves her body down to come in between me and Kiryuuin. "It's mainly for our classmates."

"Poor you, having to take care of rabble. But anyway, most I can offer you are exam questions from the same test I took in my first year."

"Are they useful?" Asks Kiyone, who's completely integrated in the spot in between me and Kiryuuin. She even nudges forward, letting her leg graze Kiryuuin's. "You know how this school works better than us, Senpai, so tell us. Are they useful?"