Across The Street

My feet hurt after walking home and I felt tired. I would cancel but I need to finish homework so I probably should go to Ethans. As I climb up the stairs to my bedroom I start to think about the green book. I wonder what the words mean and why it was hidden in the closet.

"Bye mom going to the neighbors." "Wait what are you gonna do there?" "homework," "I'm telling you that Ethan boy likes you." "Not every kinda nice guy likes me." "whatever get back before the street lights come on." As I cross the street I see a black cat run down the block.

Ethans pov
I go to open the door to see y/n with her backpack in hand. "Can I come in?" she says snapping my out of my stare. "ya of course come in." As I lead her to the kitchen my heart starts to pound. Am I scared why am I scared. "Your not scared." Bennys grandma says to me. She turns to y/n and asks her to follow her. "Dang she's hot your right I don't stand a chance." benny says behind me "Doesn't matter hot stuffs mine." rory says "Not if she hears you call her that." benny replied smugly.

Y/ns pov
As I follow the grandma in to a room of viles I wonder what she wants to talk about. "miss Stone you might want to listen to what I say closely." " Your a witch and I'm guessing that you don't know that." What is she saying? "what do you mean witch like the people who fly on brooms and cackle?" " No dear I mean a witch like me but a different type." "What type?" "well you get you power from a piece of jewelry." "OK slow down how am I a witch? Ancestor of course." "no not of course how come my mom doesn't have powers?" "Because at your age she didn't have the book. " " you mean the green one?" "yes dear the book will guide you to the jewelry that holds your power." "why are you telling me this?" "Because I don't want you to be afraid. If you're afraid instead of you controlling the magic it will control you."