For Technoblade

If you don't know by now, then I'm so sorry you had to find out this way, but Technoblade has passed away. He lost his battle to cancer and I can't help but be so angry yet so devastated at the same time. Watching his father talk about him in his last video literally broke me as I crumpled up into a ball at my desk chair while Punz was playing valorant in the background.

As you have made it this far into the story then you know what happened to the character that I based off of Technoblade. Obviously, it was all coincidence since I started writing this story back in July of 2021, almost a month before Techno announced he had cancer in a video. A terrible, terrible coincidence.

This story was created from me rewatching The Last of Us Part II and just falling in love with the opening part of Jackson. Seeing and feeling the idea of found family and the whole thriving community while surviving in a fucked up world, I wanted to expand on that. And one way for me to keep up motivation for it was to easily give my characters the same names and physical attribute descriptions of the content creators I watched. While this did begin from me just wanting to have fun, it quickly evolved into something I love to work on and think about.

Techno was one of the first people I watched who was a part of the DSMP, he was actually the first lore I ever watched, so he was a major part of me getting into the fandom. As a response when I started to write this story I wanted him to have a large and important part in it. I had it planned that his character would die from the start of the original outline... and yeah, you can probably see where I might say the content of this story might be a little weird for me to continue on with...

However, I am going to continue. The minute we stop writing, or drawing, or saying his name is when we truly forget. I doubt Techno would want me to stop doing something that has brought me so much joy and happiness into my life for the past 11 months. He was so proud of his community and he means so much to so many people. This work has been a major part of my life for almost the past year. I think about it constantly and it honestly has been the thing that is making me want to continue writing and practicing until I can officially publish something.

I logged into Hypixel today and wrote a letter to his family saying what an inspiration Techno was to me and that he got me back into writing, something I never knew I missed, and I swore to them that I will publish a book one day and dedicate it to Techno, to let as much people know how important he was for as long as I can and to say thank you.

So... for right now at least... This is for Technoblade. May you fight god and win. Blood for the blood god. Thank you for everything you have done for me. And I swear, I will complete my promise, no matter how long it will take me.