Chapter 1

Carter's pov

"How was spending time with your father this afternoon?" Eleanora was preparing me a plate of her famous pasta.

"A real pain in my ass," i grumbled thankfully knowing I worked up an appetite.

"What?!" She sounded concerned.

"You know like- pampering me and things like that. I just wish he'd back off," I sighed trying to cover this up.

She doesn't know. All she knows is that I'm still trying to find a way to cope with music. The only sorry excuse I told her was that I was going to take auditory and written theory classes on campus.

I am, but she doesn't know about me visiting my instructor since December..

So much happened around the holidays, we didn't even celebrate..

"Carter?" Her Italian accent brought me back from my thoughts.

"Sorry, I zoned out again didnt i?" I started feeling hot under my skin just making eye contact with her.

"Not as frequently after our last visit with the doctor and he said you'd be out of your cast in less than two weeks. I'm sure your mind is racing, but remember Lillian recommended physical therapy before rushing back," she handed me a plate and we sat across from each other at her dining table.

I've always like the old country Italian look her home interior had- even the exterior.

I wonder what her family back at home were like.

"Carter," she caught me again.

"Is everything alright?" She genuinely looked concerned.

"I ask myself that everyday and when I look at you, I forget everything," I found myself staring at her brown pupils dilating.

The soft shiver in her exhale when she gasped. The way her lips parted and how her brows slightly shifted upward- even her cute nostrils somewhat twitched twitched before she hid her smile with a blush.

"Carter, whatever it is you've been doing with your dad, you've gotten a lot bolder in a short period of time," she couldn't help but feel flustered.

"I'm a little over halfway through with this healing process of mine. Hands down probably the biggest rough pacth of my life," I sighed and she cleared her throat.

"I thought your biggest rough patch was your finals because you played with a sprained forearm and passed out. You couldn't play for months under strict orders- my love, you went off the grid for a god awful lot of time," Eleanora met my eyes.

"But it's been you who've I've been looking forward to playing for ever since I met you. It's been excruciating since.. I just want to get out of this and I've been playing nicely for a few months with the doctor's rules.. it's spring now and it's still freezing," I sighed that we're in the beginning of March.

"When you say it like that, it has been some time hasn't it?" She softly smiled.

"I think the best thing I'm going to feel when this arm is out of the cast is-

"The touch of ivory keys when you play a note?" She cocked a brow.

"No, the soft feeling of your skin when I stroke my finger down the side of your cheek," I took my first bite and Eleanora sets her fork down- almost trying not to slam it.

She quickly grabs her wine glass and takes a big gulp before setting it down as if it's the heaviest thing to lift.

"S-sorry. It's just getting really hard to breathe with all these compliments," she was on the brink of turning pink- not like her.