Chapter 16

Eleanora's pov

Is it just me or is the pressure is getting a little harder and it hasn't even been a full week since word got out on Carter getting out of her cast?

"Hey," Michelle greeted me as I walked across the parking lot of the performing arts center.

"I have a bad feeling about all of this. One of our biggest donors just threaten to pull out of funding one of the biggest art sponsorships across New York," Michelle made me replay today's events in my mind..

"Not to be righteous of anything but I know for certain that holding our ground for Carter Cammery is ensuring the greatest return of our investment..." I sighed running my head around in circles taking in her words.

"Yeah, I overheard Bishop letting go of Mary this afternoon because of her outburst being the main reason why Raheem's father was provoked to say such a thing... I wonder how she even got here," Michelle made me think about Mary.

"How long has she been here and what's her prior experience in being part of an organization?" I took a bite.

"Used to work for a big company- one of the wealthiest of families globally- now that it's jogging my brain, I believe it's the Edwards Enterprises actually. Details were never disclosed on why she left, but apparently she's able to go back and reapply. To my guess, she just wanted to explore and try a change," Michelle shrugged.

"So much for change... she's really making them," i shook my head.

"Bishop really is a master at chess moves. He didn't get the name for being a holy man. He got the name because he's strategic in all that he does. Michelle, do you realize what he's doing?" I brushed off the negative feelings.

"No?" She started loading into her car.

"He's sending the person who screwed us over in good fortune of going back to work for the wealthy family she originally worked for. She'd be non-hirable if she made an offense but she actually has the option to go back hence why he's sending her back. How much do you wanna bet he's writing a letter of recommendation buttering up her resume spreading the good in her name despite all the problems she stirred so she can return back to this Fortune 500 company to spread good word on our organization so we scoop in more donors- that way, we don't give a damn about Raheem's family being one of the biggest donors. We'd actually benefit twice as much," I laughed at how mind blowing my boss is.

"I know I'm crazy but jeez Eleanora. Don't forget to sleep," Michelle reminded me.

"I will. Bishop seemed to be very focused on Carter's return. I need to speak with her about the importance behind all of this- but I don't want to strain her either. She's just beginning to look bright as ever, Michelle. I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing I was the bearer of bad news telling her that her childhood rival is going to cut the funding of a hobby she's passionate about. Not only, if we don't figure something out as it all comes down to her delivering a smashing performance, she's going to face something that'll either strengthen her passion or strip it away," I rambled.

"Hi, yes. Mrs. Cammery?" Michelle made me turn my head in her direction.

I pray she was paying attention-

"Oh- apologies. Ms. Cammery," she remained friendly.

"I was wondering if you and your family would be open to a little brunch. There's some sensitive details I'd like to discuss with you. Eleven sounds good. No, thank you, have a good night," she hung up the phone.

"Michelle..." I was taken aback.

"I've been a banker, an assistant manager, you name it. So I can say this; I've never been so moved by the way you and Carter have moved me- not since my husband's engagement proposal of course. I will gladly be the bearer of bad news if it means Carter leaning on you for comfort. As analytical and strategic Bishop is, the result of Carter wanting to comeback has been because of you," she looked me in the eyes.