Chapter 9

Carter's pov

I was following Eleanora up the steps and I couldn't help but notice the soft dim lights revealing the sweat and the soft glistening of her skin.

As much as I like the view of her hips swaying from the back, I'm more curious as to seeing her eyes and trying to read what's on her mind.

Her hand was fragile as she held mine, almost trembling. I wanted to hold her tighter but a small part of me was enticed by this.

"Still probably the nicest shower room I've been in," I was indulging on a walk in shower and the complete left side was a mirror with a marbled sink and toilet offset to the the corner. I've never gotten used to her interior and hopefully I never will.

Eleanora laughed as she was running the hit water. Without any indication, she stepped in and was holding a gaze with a smirk on her face.

I felt my stomach fluttering from my body and my throat was dry. I could feel myself holding my breath watching the streams of water flow across her body as her hair gets damper with every fleeting second.

"All of a sudden you don't want to be accommodated for your hard work? What happened to needing to take a shower?" She cocked a brow.

The pull she has.

I didn't care if I was still wearing my jeans- or any clothing as a matter of fact.

"Carter!" She was excited and at a loss of words.

"I don't care," I cupped her face and indulged on the bitter sweet taste of water dripping from her lips in between her kisses and giggles.

I only thirsted for more.

I'm in love with her.

"Be reasonable and get out of these clothes!" She broke away from me with the biggest grin.

"So much for being spontaneous," I stepped out and started to undress.

"Wait- slower..." her voice became a command.

"If that's the case," I turned to face her dark eyes to see she was watching every movement as if she's trying to engrave the sight of my body to the back of her mind. My eyes never left hers and yet, I'm watching hers search me as if I'm miles away.

"Anything else? I'm getting cold," I paid no mind in waiting for a response and stepped back in.

"Let's get you cleaned up," she changed the subject.

"I kind of liked the scent of you all over me," I contemplated a bit as she lathered soap onto my body with her hands... her hands hesitated at my words and she steps closer to my body.

I'm catching on...

"By the time we finish, there'll be no telling who's scent is who's," she leaned over to bite the bottom of my lip as she took my hands.

Her weight made me take a step back dipping my wet curls into the shower. It didn't take long for it to get drenched since product was freshly applied.

I don't know how we got here- in general. It seemed not so long ago when we first met and I shook her hand nervously.

I was such a nervous wreck- not as much now.

I thought I was catching on; she gently pulled on my hands and guided me to the wall of the shower, placing my hands above my head.

"I'm stronger than you if you hadn't realized why I have this physique," water was clouding my vision but my judgment was validated as she laughs leaning in..