Chapter 23

Eleanora's pov

(irdk who's pov was cut for this)

Forever grateful that the weather is cold outside; I can easily say it's my sinus when really I'm in an emotional state..

I walked into the corridors of the campus and down the halls to find my rehearsal room.

It's just an ordinary day, Carter hasn't been here since last year and I need to continue acting like so....

But I can't help but embrace the suffocating and nauseating feeling in my chest and head knowing she won't be coming back- ever.

It was manageable at first because her coming back was always on my mind-

the thought of being able to hear her play again..

To share the stage with her.

Bishop's voice was heard from my rehearsal room doors and I quickly wiped my tears and sniffled never realizing I was crying.

"Yes, any questions, you are more than welcome to speak to her former conductor- Ms. Arturo! This is our new colleague, Nala Acèro," the man caught me off guard.

"Nala Acèro is the head conductor just above you for philharmonic: our semi pro league symphonic group here in the program," Bishop gestures a dark haired woman dressed in black to turn the corner from my room and unravels her presence before me.

"Ah, you're the blessing overseas," I recognized a thick accent but couldn't put my finger on it

"Ah, you're the blessing overseas," I recognized a thick accent but couldn't put my finger on it. I know it's Italian.

"Pleasure's all mine if I'm being honest. What side of Italy," I wasted no time and watched her red lips slightly part as her eyes locked into mine.

"No. I grew up in London. Mother is from Italy, father is English entrepreneur- you can see who I picked it up from the most," she made me laugh as she smiled warmly and stuck her hand out for me to shake..

They were ice cold and my mind was fighting trying not to think of Carter right now but I can't help it.

"I hear you were the lucky one who got a chance to work with Cammery- so much potential, yes?" She changed the subject.

"Y-you have no idea," I forced myself to smile and hoisted up my belongings.

"Even better. She sounds exciting: getting out of a cast and is already taking on the most known family," she smirked.

"You seem rather enthusiastic about the situation," I lightly laughed remaining polite- this is a workplace environment.

I can't lash out because I think she's being insensitive- when really I'm at war with myself for even breaking up with Carter to begin with but of course she can't wrap her head around this mind fuck I'm in-

"What are your worries? I'll share my thoughts if you share yours," there was twinkle in the woman's eyes and i gestured her inside the room because things were getting heavy in my arms.