Chapter 7 | Oscar Frederick

It has been a long time since Cain been home. And i know that for a fact, he's going to a school with Oscar. My so-called 'fiancé', i mean, we'll really end up being engaged in the future so i'm calling him my fiancé now. Now, i wanna meet this Oscar, but i won't be like some fool, Mielle was back then. Oh, no no no. I'll play it smooth and cool. Afterall, I'm not a good conman if i'm not a good actor.

"You're lucky you're not Mielle that i won't steal Oscar away from you." Aria whispered as she smiled at Oscar while we're at the dining table.

I silently chuckled as i smiled at Oscar when we made eye contact. "So thoughtful of you, sister. I wouldn't mind if you did, either way."

"I know, right?" Aria whispered back which made me giggle a little. She then, raised her teacup and and sipped the tea as i silently sighed. "Come to think of it, you're still in the middle of the school year. You must have travelled a long distance to be here." said Aria while looking at Oscar.

"Ah, I was beginning to feel stuffy since i was stuck inside the dorms, but Cain asked me to go with him." Oscar replied back as Aria just nodded.

I, on the other hand, stayed silent. Why? I'm debating to myself whether if i should cut my hair short or not. At the time when Mielle was haunting Aria, her hair was short, and she looked good in it. And to be honest, i'm annoyed by my long hair. Weirdly, that time were the last chapter i've read before going to prison..

"Ah, Mielle. How have you been? You stopped writing me letters since i've left." Cain suddenly questioned me as i sweetly smiled at him.

"Ah, I was busy studying that writing a letter flew my mind. I'm sorry about that, brother." i replied as i just giggled. 'Actually, i was just laying around and slept and, read some books..' I thought as i sipped my tea. Eww, it's chamomile. "Eww, this taste gross." i whispered as i looked at it with disgust.

"Endure it." Aria mumbled under her breath as she smiled. "Yes, Mielle has been studying that she even forgot to eat sometimes. I worried about her.." 'Although she's just laying around, actually.' I'm betting that, that what's actually thinking.

"Ah, of course. Classic Mielle." Cain muttered under his breath as i saw Oscar looked at me with worry. 'He wasn't fazed by Aria's beauty?'

"You shouldn't missed your meals again, Mielle." He said as he looked at me. "Your health is more important than studying."

I paused for a moment as i smiled and nodded. "Of course, Sir Oscar." You really don't care that much to Mielle, anyway? What's the point of saying that to me. "I'm going first now. I feel dizzy." i stood up as i bowed to the three of them. "Goodbye."

I walked off the dining room as i headed back to my bedroom with maids following me. Was i rude back there? I don't really care, i just want to sleep. I feel tired.

I don't want to deal with Oscar, since if he didn't fall inlove with Aria, some minor plots would be ruined. Like him testifying against his sister. Now that i think about it, i'll be called by Isis someday..

As i entered my bedroom, maids started tidying me up and braided my hair. Haah, i wanna cut it..

I laid at my bed as i started dozing off, and i heard a carriage went off. Probably Cain, since he's said that he's going to shop some clothes. Well, he can't take back what he said so he's probably going alone.

I slept for an hour after waking myself up, feeling thirsty. So, i rang the bell and called for a maid.

"Yes, Lady Mielle?"

I smiled at the maid as i said, "A glass of water, please. And also scissors." Might be a bad idea, but i'm going to cut my hair..

"Yes, Lady Mielle." i heard footsteps shuffling from the outside as i sat up and combed my hair. I've cutted my hair in the past, because they're so annoying and wearing wigs with long hair are annoying. I just hope it'll turn out fine.

Moments later, a maid named Parrie, entered as she have a tray in her hands with a pitcher of water, a glass and a scissors. She poured water at the glass as the tray was placed at the table in my bed. Then, i took it and drink the whole glass. Wow, i was really thirsty, huh?

I, then, took the scissors, walked towards the full-body mirror that i have and compulsively cut my hair. And believe me, the face of my maid beside went from calm to shock. Like •_• -> (°□°).

"La-Lady Mielle?! Wh-What..?" she exclaimed as she looked at me.

I giggled as i combed my hair and looked at myself at the mirror. Ahh, i'm so pretty with short hair. "Clean that up. I'm going to show this to sister."

I immediately went outside as i went to Aria's room, but she's not there. Probably at the drawing room? I fast walked myself to go to the drawing room when i saw the indoor garden's door, open.

i entered the room without looking at the room, as i paid attention to the wet ground. "Aria..? Are you in there? I have something to show-" i stopped as i saw Oscar with wet clothes and Aria flustered. "What..? Do you need a handkerchief?" i asked as i took a newly embroidered handkerchief and gave it to Oscar. "What happened?"

Oh yeah, i actually learned how to embroider well. Like, Sarah gave me lessons with Aria and now i know how to. I'm such a talented lad, i learned it after few tries. Good thing i'm not Aria's enemy, because i wouldn't want that.

"Ah, I accidentally- No, what happened to you?" Aria cutted herself off as she looked at me strangely. "What did you do to your hair?"

"Cutted it off."

"Why?!"

"It feels heavy. Why, does it not look good on me?" i innocently asked as i tilted my head.

"N-no.. You look good in it." Aria blushed as she looked away.

I then, looked at Oscar's way. "Are you alright Sir Oscar? You should head back to your room and change your clothes." i smiled. "You might get sick if you get wet for too long." Yeah, nobles like you don't have that much of a immunity. Why is there no vaccine here?! I opened the door and saw one of my maids and smile. "Prepare him a bath so he can wash up."

"O-oh, yes, Lady Mielle." the maid answered as she bowed. How did a maid got here? She followed me, of course.

I looked at Oscar once again as i smiled. "I'll send you to your chambers, Sir Oscar."

"Oh, no. It's fine. It looked like you have something to talk about to your sister." Oscar insisted as he looked at the maid. "I''ll just head on my own. Thank you, Lady Mielle. Lady Aria."

"You're welcome." me and Aria said in sync as we sweetly smiled.

Oscar and the maid walked away as he held the handkerchief i gave him and placed it at his suit. I wonder why's he like that.. Weird.

"Why'd you cut your hair?"

"I was feeling quirky."

"I'm serious, Mielle." Aria glanced at me as she arched an eyebrow. "I mean, it looks good but why? Don't you think the count will scold you?"

I chuckled as i shaked my head in disagreement. "No way. I like this haircut."

"Well.." she looked at me, sighed and shrugged. "Whatever floats your boat. Let's have some tea at my room."

"Hmm, i don't like chamomile."

"You never liked chamomile."

Come on, Evie! It's good for your health.

"Yeah.. Chamomile just makes me think of stupid memories."