Chapter 13 | Daggers and the Hourglass

Sighing, i looked around my room and saw an envelope at my table. I walked towards the table, and took to envelope. "Was this for me?" i asked myself as i puckered my lips while opening the letter.

Seeing how thick it is instead of a one-page letter, this must be from Oscar. What the heck, Oscar? I wonder what's up with this guy? I sighed, as i started reading things.

"I wanna visit Aria-" i cutted myself when i suddenly felt some force waved around my room. Weird as it may sound, i looked around and i saw the letter at the table. "What the-?" i mumbled as i.. "Wait, but i still have the letter in my hand though."

I immediately released the papers as i dashed back to my seat. Fucking what just happened? Those don't normally happen! Wait.. Maybe the universe glitched? Or maybe- ...

I walked back to the table and picked up the papers that fell, and threw them away. Fucking act like nothing happened, Evie. Yeah, act like nothing happened. Maybe it's because of me or Aria, maybe because of the hourglass. I don't know, i don't even know what i'm talking about.

"Lady Mielle.. The thing you've requested is here." I heard Reth knock on my door first, as she entered. Looking back at her, i smiled as i spotted the box in her hands. ".. Although, why would you need a-"

"Shush, Reth. It's for emergency." i said, smilling widely. I've been waiting for this!

Opening the brown mahogany box, the scent of wood lingered through my nostrils as two daggers crossing each other set into my sight. A dagger with a black handle and a piece of jade at endpoint of the handle or whatever you call that. I smiled widely, as i held the two in my hand.

"This is some nice daggers. Where'd you find this?" i asked Reth with a smile.

Reth smiled back at me as she answered with pride. "It was actually a friend of mine who made and forged the dagger, m'lady. Oh! And don't worry. He's a trusted friend of mine. He won't tell anyone about it." she reassured as she lowered her head.

I chuckled at her follow up as i patted her shoulders. Cute.. "Just make sure he doesn't snitch and we'll be good." i said in a cheery tone. Reth nodded, as i chuckled even more.

Looking back at the daggers, i immediately threw them at a book that i've hated for awhile now. Intentionally aiming at the red point of the 'i' in the book. But i failed, because of these fucking weak arms.

"Seriously.." i mumbled, frustrated at the fact that i can't properly throw a dagger anymore. I pouted for a moment, throwing the other dagger at the floor and walked away. "Reth, hide those and call the maids to clean the messes up."

"Yes, m'lady!"

Starting tomorrow, i'll be working out!