Chapter 23 | Cursed? As If

It was a commoner's market, but the quality of their products was quite high that shocked both me and my date. Even though they weren't real gold or silver, the two of us tried it on and bought some. Everyone was at awe at the two of us, unlike the nobles who's staring as if we're doing something crazy. Oscar and I only shrugged and continued what we're doing.

"Oscar, look at this ribbon."

Oscar immediately turned to me the moment I called him and walked to my side to see what I was staring at. It was a light golden-colored ribbon with green flowers at the cloth of the ribbon. The flowers are both roses and lilies, and it is such a funny but sweet coincidence as both flowers are our family crest.

Oscar chuckled while placing his hand to cover his smile, he then, turned to me. "It's quite beautiful." I only squinted my eyes at how gorgeous this man is, and how sweet he's acting right now. "Let's buy it." he gently took the ribbon from my hand and immediately went to the vendor and paid for it.

And after that, we went from different store to another until we reached a restaurant with many people inside. We turned to look at each other and immediately held hands when we decided to enter the building. It was big, and quite spacious if only people aren't crowding them. Every table was occupied and we both assumed they're commoners by their clothing.

I sat down at an empty table and waited for Oscar who's ordering our food. Moments after, he came back with a small wood with a number engraved into it. I was about to ask what it was for when he already beat me to it.

"The lady at the front said that when the number on this wood are called, we raise it or yell." Oscar laughed as his expression turned to confusion, he was panicking. "They didn't make me pay yet and just took our order… What a weird establishment."

I only raised my brow in amusement as my eyes trailed at the restaurant. It's not that fancy, but also not too shabby. It's also quite lively, and there's also some nobles sitting down at the restaurant. Although, they might've been those who's position are lower than us because they look more normal and dress normally. Well, not like Oscar and I aren't dressed normally.

The two of us only wore simple clothes, so in that way, people won't expect us to be childrens of a high ranking nobles. I was the one who suggested it and he complied. So far, it was working and none of us were gaining unwanted attention. The Frederick knights are also hidden.

"Number Seven?" the server called with a tray on her hands, after minutes of waiting.

I looked at the our number and it was seven, so when the server turned to our direction, I raised Oscar's wrist that's holding the wood on his hands. She then, placed our orders at our table like what you would expect at a modern restaurant and explained our dish, something like that.

"They look good," I commented with a smile as he nodded his head in agreement.

We both ate while casually talking about our days, but mostly, I was the one who talked the most. Maybe it's my Evielienne self acting up, but I like talking to the people I like. Especially when I'm comfortable with them. Oscar's also a great listener, and he also speak once in awhile. After eating and paying for the food, we both went out to the town plaza.

"The food was quite filling," he suddenly brought up, his hands are still intertwined with mine. I looked up to him and saw his contented smile in his face. "They said the commoners are the ones who ruin the empire, but I beg to differ. They're the ones who keep this empire moving." he sighed at his words as he shooked his head, completely ignoring the fact that I've been staring at him. "But nobles who'll hear me say that contempt me, saying I pity those common blood who are barbaric and disgusting."