Chapter 17 | Someone.. Someone Is Following Us

"Lady Mielle..." Oscar suddenly called as I roam around store to store with sparkles in my eyes. It was so mesmerizing, one of the most liveliest places i've seen. "I feel like—"

"Sir Oscar! Let's go to that shop!" I pointed as I just dragged him to the shop where they sell some hairpins and suchs, I don't know actually. But i'm so excited! "Mother said they sell great hairpins."

And I know we're being followed. I thought to myself as Oscar tried his best to remain calm. Maybe for the sake of me? If people are following us, then God forgive me for punching them later. How dare they ruin my date with this fine man? I prefer going on a date with Aria, but we're sisters so

"Is something wrong, Sir Oscar?" I asked him as my i raised my brow.

Sir Oscar looked outside for a moment as he leaned onto me closer. "There are people following us." he said. I looked at him straight in the eyes as i smiled, making him falter for a moment. "I'm sorry for this, Lady Mielle. It might be assassins that were sent to kill me."

Nah, don't worry, dude. "It's fine, let's just make sure we're on alert when we shop outside." I said in a low voice as i clung my arm onto his broad ones. I swear to God, he's too worry-wart.

As the date proceeded, I can say that our date had been fine. The person following us aren't exactly doing something to harm me or Oscar. Even when we're left unattended by the Frederick Knights that Oscar seemed to have ordered to protect us in secret.

After the sun set, Oscar accompanied to our house and bidded me goodbye.

"Thank you for today, Sir Oscar," I said in an appreciative tone as I bowed my head. Although, this is a hassle. "It had been a great day."

"Yes, thank you for granting me this favor too."

I smiled at him as I giggled, "Of course."

The sound of the door creaking rang as footsteps neared behind me. I looked back and saw Aria with a concerned face.

"Mielle, you're back," Aria muttered under her breath.

"Well, it seems that Lady Aria were waiting for you, Lady Mielle. Goodbye."

And by that, Oscar waved goodbye and left. It was just me and Aria. Looking at Aria, she seemed to really had been waiting for me.

The two of us started walking inside. It was silent...

"Aria," I called as she immediately turned to me in confusion. "Where were you today?"

Aria smiled as she answered, "I was at the mansion this whole time with Sarah. Why?"

"No reason," I said in a nonchalant voice as I smiled back at her. Aria's smile faltered as I gently held her wrist and guided her to my room. "There was just a familiar face following us awhile ago. Who knew, Reth could be great at following people silently." I giggled as I felt Aria freeze. "I almost didn't recognize her if it weren't for her peculiar way of walking. Too noble for a commoner but too common for a noble."

"That..."

I stayed silent after that and as we reached the door to my bedroom, I opened it and immediately closed it as I locked Aria between my arms. "I know sister is worried about me, but having someone to follow me could be risky. What if Oscar ordered their men to kill Reth? Then we'd lose an important asset. Do you understand?"

Aria's mouth gaped as she gulped, "Forgive me. I was just worried and... I didn't even realized the danger I've put Reth."

She apologized quickly than I thought she would've... I thought as I took a few steps back. Aria between my arms... Seemed weird, but satisfying. I don't know why I'm rather glad than mad at her at this time.

"It's fine," I mumbled as I smiled at Aria softly. "Promise me you won't do it again."

"I'm only promising if you're not going on a date with him again," Aria retorted as she crossed her arms. Her face, flustered but the seriousness is still there. Probably a tint of jealousy too. "Are you?"

"Gee, you're so possessive." I laughed as I hugged Aria tightly. "You're so cute, sister~!"

"Mielle, I can't breathe—!"